Thursday, 22 October 2009

CCT: Candy cane sweeties

CCT theme this week is 'candy corn' but it doesn't have to be Halloween themed, any sweet/candy will do. So I chose to use Henry with his cutiepie sitting on a candycane.
It's a bit busy with all that colour and pattern but I like it. It's got real dimension to it and looks better IRL as the image is raised on 3d foam but it looks flat in photo and there's lots of shimmer and texture to it with the different felt & paper flowers, embossing etc. Done my usual loopsided/mishmash layout can't help it!
Here's a close up of the cute couple, I just adore these Henry stamps and I think the sentiment is perfect for them too.



Stash:

  • Stamps: Henry mouse & sentiment both WoJ, the heart behind them is an Alota stamp which I stamped using masking technique.
  • Colouring: Copics
  • Paper: BG 'Eskimo kisses'
  • Tools: MS loopy border and corner punch. MS frond leave punch. Woodware Sakura flower punch. MS snowflake punch. Cuttlebug snowdots embossing folder
  • Others: homemade shimmer spray (perfect pearl powder & water in a mini mister spray bottle), pearl brads, pink heart gem in centre of flower



  • 8 comments:

    Kary Sol said...

    Very beautiful card!!!!

    dawnmarieg said...

    Love it Fran, I don't think its busy at all, just a gorgeous Christmas card. Beautiful colouring Fran. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

    Sarah Schwerin said...

    Hi Fran! Iim a first time visitor to your blog and have been checking out all your fabulous work! Your creations are gorgeous, and your colouring is fantastic! Hi from Australia! :)

    Kathy said...

    GOrgeous card Fran!! I love all the pretty colors and your loops are so pretty!! I can't ever get the corners to match the rest!! LOL
    I love this image and I am afraid mine are lost in the mail!! It has been three weeks and still none!! I will have to place another order and throw a Santa or two in with them!!
    Have a great night!
    :)Kathy

    Deb said...

    this is gorgeous Fran, those mice are so cute! hugs Debx

    gina g said...

    Gorgeous card love the colour and the papers, your choice of image and colouring are fab. luv gina xx

    Helene said...

    What a very cute card thank you for choosing Alota Rubber Stamps. I love the designs together.

    Hugs,
    Helene

    Kim said...

    Ooooo another adorable card! So sweet and love them in that cute heart background! AMAZING work hun!
    Hugs~ Kim

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin