Tuesday, 1 September 2009

WoJ POM ~ baby gift: pram with matching card

It's Project of the month time again over on Whiff of Joy. This month we were given the theme of 'baby gifts'. So whenever I need to make a box or something I always head over to the Scor pal site to get the ideas flowing and I found this wonderful page full of 'cart' boxes to make (I love the UPS van and the little red wagon and have those on my 'to try' list!)). I quite liked the pram but because I couldn't open the instructions to that one for some reason, I just used that as a visual guide and made my own version with a fuller hood which moves! It was a 'make it up as I went thing' and I'm really pleased with the result, even if I do say so myself LOL!

So anyway, I didn't think any of the images would fit on the actual pram and didn't think it needed it but thought it would look cute if I made a matching card using 'Willow with toddler' as it would look like her pram :) I've only half inked her up as I wanted her in a circle and the layout just came from fiddling with the scraps left over from making the pram;
As for the pram itself, the base only measures 3x2 but is big enough for a small piece of jewellery which you could swaddle up into a bit of pink tissue paper, like you would a baby! and place inside :)

Right, if you would like to know how I made my version of the scor pal pram, then here it is. Feel free to use but please link back to me if you do and I would love to see it!

Base: 5x4 card scored along all 4 sides at 1". Fold then snip along 4 of the edges (the 4 solid lines in photo) and simply stick together to form the base of your pram.

Hood: 6x3 card. Along the long side score up 2" either end at the midway point (1.5") and cut - see photo. On one end, overlap the cut pieces so that the outer edge of each half meets giving you a v shape and curving your card in the process. you will have ends hanging over either side - snip 1 off and fold the other up and stick in place. repeat at the other end and you should end up with the curved hood piece. You can then add a futher thin scalloped strip along the inside as decoration like mine or leave as is and just attach to base of pram with a brad either end. This will then move up and down!

Wheels: are just 4 sets of circles stuck one. Each of my wheels comprise of a scalloped circle (smallest one in the large nestie set), a plain circle (1.5" punch) and a flower for the centre (medium EK retro flower punch)

Handle: just thin strip of card stuck on length & width up to you - I just stamped one of the sentiments from WoJ along it but had to see in photo

Cover: 4x2.5 " card. Scored along short sides at 1", used scallop punch along long side then folded back 1" to create white frilly edge. This is just placed inside and is where the moving hood comes in handy as it's easier to take the cover on & off when you move the hood back! Here's shot of pram with hood pushed down and cover off ready to place you 'baby'/little present!


Sorry for the long post but it's a lot easier to make than it is to describe! Hope you like it and let me know if you make one or have made your own version. Don't forget to check the POM galleries to see what the rest of the DT have come up with.


Stash:
  • Stamps: WoJ stamps
  • Colouring: Copics
  • Paper: DCWV nursery stack



  • 11 comments:

    Tracy said...

    This is so super cute!!! I just love everything about it.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    Juls said...

    wow!! this is amazing!

    daisy said...

    it looks absolutely amazing fran!

    hugs
    daisy

    Andrea said...

    Wow Fran - that is absolutely fantastic - your pram is so cute (and thanks for the instructions), and the matching card is gorgeous. I love the papers and colours.
    Love, Andrea xx

    Glitter Monkey said...

    I soooooo DO like this!! Have saved it to have a go when I get more time (like when DH is away!). Lol Lynn ♥

    Riet said...

    Ohhh wowwwww Frances,what BEAUTIFUL,i love the image and colours.
    So beautiful papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    Kathy said...

    WOW Fran that is so pretty!! Love the pram!! How cute is that and such a neat idea for a little gift!! Love your card as well ~ such pretty colors and I like how she is faded at the bottom! Such a cute image as well!! Hope your having a great week! I am trying to pack 3 months of running around in 2 days!! It is nice to do errands with just 1 as opposed to 3!
    :)kathy

    debby4000 said...

    Oh this is so fabulous, wonderful card, but the pram is outstanding.
    luv
    Debby

    ladydiana said...

    If you go to
    www.scor-pal.com/projects.htm
    at the bottom you will see a link to all the Scor-pal Projects all categorized for you. All the Cart pdf links are there.
    It is always a nice idea to credit the person who made the original tutorial as inspiration, in this case Sue Berker.
    Diana

    Frances said...

    Diana, if you read my post you would see that I did link up to the original tutorial right from the start (and anyone clicking on that would see who the author was)and said mine was taken from that. I know the PDFs are there but that particular one wouldn't open for me . . thanks for the concern.

    Fran.

    anywhere_Smile said...

    Now that we have described discount links of london the one way linking process, how can you get links of london silver websites to link just to you? One answer is that it is links of london sale dependent on your sites content, especially if you links london jewellery have unique content. Other websites will link cheap links of london to you if you have interesting content that links london bracelet compliments their content. The problem is that you london links charms really have to have something exceptional. links of london watches sale One easy way to get a type of one way link called discount links of london rings a back-link. These are links to articles that you cheap links of london necklaces have written and distributed through article directories.

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin