Friday, 11 September 2009

WoJ DT ~ 'Happy Thanksgiving'

I received some more fabulous DT stamps from WoJ and had this scene pop up in my head so just had to make it, even though we don't celebrate thanksgiving over here. Not to any challenges or anything, just went with the flow, just for fun.

I've stamped this cute turkey (which I will be offering as candy next week), masked it then stamped the lovely fence just to the left of it, using Versafine ink onto watercolour paper. I wanted a vintagey looking card so started by watercolouring my image for a change, using distress inkpads and twinkling H2Os.

Then chose a country/rustic colour scheme and papers which were then all distressed and torn around edges, with added distress crackle paint too (Kathy's fab idea which I had to try - thanks Kathy, I love this stuff ! got the white, linen and couple of metallic shades too, want the others now LOL especially as it comes with the brush in the pot - ready to use, no phaffing, just how I like it!) bit of faux stitching, added garden twine and made the sentiment into a tag and voila!

It's probably not everyone's cup of tea but I really like it - my sort of colours. I especially love the subtle shimmer you get with the H2O's which I added to the grass and the ultra cute fat turkey . . might see it better in this photo, if you click on it for closer view;

If you love your WoJ stamps don't forget Katharina currently has call out for guest DT slots and is still open, see here .

Also, some uber cute christmas stamps will be released next Tues, some of which you can see here and I'm hoping to get my stamps soon so should have some cards made for next week - can't wait as it's cute Henry mouse in christmas mode!

May have another card for the weekend but if not, have a good one and I'll see you all next week. As always, thanks for dropping by!

12 comments:

Jean said...

Ooh, I really like your Thanksgiving card! I enjoy seeing all your work and reading your comments about how you achieved the look you were aiming for.

Have a good weekend.

MichelleO said...

Wonderful card! Love that fence... and your entire card is just wonderful!
HUGS
MichelleO

debby4000 said...

Oh this fabulous, love the rustic look by using the string.
luv
Debby

Viv said...

Love the card Fran. I've inspected it with a fine tooth comb to get some hints. LOL. Brilliant!
Funny in't it though, that we never put a turkey on our Christmas cards!!
Have a great weekend Fran!
Viv xx

Beth said...

Oh this is so cute! I love the fence background you've created and the string is a great touch! I hope you're having a lovely sunday!

Beth xx

dawnmarieg said...

Aw, poor wee turkey! But a great card Fran, great colours. I really like the image and how its built up. Dawn Marie.xx

weewiccababe said...

I love it Fran, its perfect
Debz
xx

Moni said...

Fab card, love the design and the turkey is so cute! Hugs,moni

HazelQ said...

Cute card Fran!!! I love the papers and the stamp :)

Marley said...

Lovely card.. great colours! xx Marley

Renate´s Stempelwelt said...

a beautiful card. i like it soo much! lg renate

Pattie G said...

Hi Frances, I just stumbled on to your site and I love your creations.

Pattie G

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin