Thursday, 17 September 2009

CCT~ Hidden treasure: 'merry little christmas'


CCT theme this week is 'hidden treasure'. So for mine, I decided to incorporate a hidden message somewhere. I chose another cute Henry mouse stamp, this time he's skating. Then the rest I made up as I went along, which I think shows, as it's not as polished & co-ordinating as I would have liked. I really can't make a card in one sitting, it has to sit and stew for at least a day LOL If I make another one I'd choose a less busy paper for the background as poor Henry is a bit lost amongst it all!

Where's the hidden message I hear you ask? Well, you just pull the little ric rac strip and Henry will skate along to reveal this . . .
Sorry for the poor photos, just couldn't get it to look right. Here's a close up of cute Henry. The eagle eyed amongst you may notice the slight colouring booboo I made, which I have just noticed but have since rectified (Clue: someone must have been talking about him, LOL!)


Stash:
  • Stamps: 'Ice skating Henry Mouse' WoJ stamp. sentiment from a Doodlebug xmas set
  • Colouring: Copics
  • Paper: DCWV winter matstack from last year
  • Tools: EK border punch, MS and xcut snowflake punches
  • Others: flatbacked pearls (centre of snowflakes), PM adhesive shimmer dots (his coat buttons & holly berries), ric rac ribbon, 'fluffy stuff' with glamour dust for his hat trim (gave blast with heat gun to make it extra puffy)

    Right, will be back later to announce winner for my WOJ turkey stamp candy and will try and visit my bloglist tonight- this week seems to have flown by.


  • 7 comments:

    Anne said...

    Such a cute card, love the hidden message!

    Clare (Littlebear) said...

    Oh so cute, and clever too. I love it!
    Clare xx

    Kathy said...

    Adorable Fran!! I just love these images!! They are all so cute! Your coloring of course makes him that much more appealing ~ but I am on a rubber diet!! Not meaning that is all I can get but I need to say away from it!! haha
    Hope all is well!
    :)Kathy

    daisy said...

    wauw what a lovely colored henry!!!!!! those colors are fab fran! the hidden message is clever

    hugs
    daisy

    scrappinlil said...

    Such a cute card...just love the way Henry skates across revealing a hidden message....how did you do that? I too take more than one day sometimes to finish a project...
    sometimes I have another idea in mind but it never quite turns out the way I planed...TFS

    Deb said...

    very clever design Fran, love the message and the little mouse is so sweet! hugs debx

    debby4000 said...

    Oh love how you've done the hidden message and gorgeous Henry card.
    luv
    Debby

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin