Wednesday, 16 September 2009

ATC: layer up with WoJ Henry Mouse

ATC day today. Theme this week is 'layer it up' i.e decoupage. It was an easy choice this week as to which stamp to use, seeing as I had all these super cute WoJ Henry mouse stamps arrive yesterday. So I chose one which would fit on an ATC and would be fairly easy to cut out to create my layers.


Isn't he adorable?! I tell you, I'm just so glad I don't have to choose which ones to get as I think all 12 designs are just too cute.


I've just grabbed a bit of scrap dp for the backround (embossed it with one of the new cuttlebug folders - snow dots one but hard to tell) then have decoupaged lil Henry and stuck him on with silicone glue. He's made up of 2 to 3 layers depending on which bits I thought should stick out more. May be able to see the layers a bit better on this photo . . .

The cutting out and colouring is a bit shoddy in places as it was another rush job, so don't look too closely!

Stash:
  • Stamps: 'Henry Mouse with lantern' WoJ stamp, just released. sentiments are from a studio g 99p set from last year
  • Colouring: Copics
  • Paper: scrap dp from MME Laundry line.
  • Tools: cuttlebug snow dots embossing folder used on the background piece of dp then sanded. my trusty fiskars scissors and silicone glue for the cutting and decoupage
  • Others: white distress crakle paint around edges of dp, woodware white 'fluffy stuff' on his hat trim, snowflake brad in corner.



  • 8 comments:

    debby4000 said...

    Oh this is gorgeous, wonderful cute image and fab colours.
    luv
    Debby

    Penni said...

    Lovely Fran. Henry Mouse is so adorable and I love the way you've layered him.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    Kathy said...

    This is so cute!! I really love all these new images of Henry!! His smile just makes me giggle!! Love the colors in this and your coloring is fabulous!!
    Hope you have a great week!
    :)Kathy

    MichelleO said...

    Fran this is just precious! I love the layers, really adds so much! Wonderful
    HUGS
    MichelleO

    Anesha said...

    Adorable ATC. Anesha

    kaylou said...

    Hi Fran
    this is absolutley gorgeous,love how you have put it together, i must get these images they are delish.
    hugs Kaylou xoxo

    gina g said...

    Wow this is gorgeous love the cheeky expression on Henry's face lol. luv gina xx

    stephanne said...

    These images are getting harder and harder for me to resist!! Soooo cute, love your colouring and the great 3D-ing you've done with the image!!

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin