Friday, 4 September 2009

3 for 1: 'season of friendship . .'

Covered 3 challenges with this card but afraid not happy with the outcome. Once I start on a card I rarely throw it away even if I'm not happy with it, as I'll keep going and hope it'll end up o.k'. However, think maybe I should have just stopped and started again with this one. It's done now and I thought I'd show it anyway (don't just show the good ones on here!).
Used the sketch over on WoJ , the colours over on Copic Colour challenge and Spoonful this week wants to see 'distressing' which there's plenty of. In hindsight the paper/colours would have probably been better for a halloween card or I should have coloured the image again and left the glitter off. However even with the mess I made of it, I love this Willow image from the Autumn release, espcially that cute little turkey in her hands and the way her plait is blowing in the wind. Will have to make another card sometime and do her justice!

Stash:
  • Stamps: Willow, pumpkins and the sentiment all WoJ stamps
  • Colouring: Copics on image. lots of distress inks everywhere else!
  • Paper: Bo Bunny 'back to basics'
  • Tools: Heidi Swapp distress tool, 'labels 8' nesties die, leave embossing folder (on the piece behind her but hard to see), MS border punch, branch punch, EK flourish punch
  • Others: rafia ribbon, flat backed 4mm pearls, paper rose, gold glamour dust

    That's all for today, got work tonight . . good thing too as I've noticed the new Sarah Kays and cuttlebug folders are out so I need to stay away from the PC (am trying to pace myself with the old spending :/ )



  • 9 comments:

    daisy said...

    wauw glitter gone haywire! but other than that the card looks lovely! so i'm not the only one that tosses them in the bin if i'm not satified!

    hugs
    daisy

    yvonne said...

    I would not give up on this card. It has a rustic feel to it, and to be honest , i like it alot.
    So don't throw it away, some one out there will love it.

    Pinkllilac said...

    Beautiful card Fran and I love the colours and design, I'd keep it.
    Hugs Linda

    CraftyC said...

    Gorgeous card Fran, great papers and a lovely image
    Clairex

    Viv said...

    One man's meat....as the saying goes. ;0)
    Offer it up as a prize! I bet yer get loads of takers. Plus, I bet it looks even better IRL.
    If you really can't get on with a card, do as I do.....give it to a church or charity for fund-raising.
    Viv xx

    Riet said...

    Ohhh wowwww Frances,what a beautiful card,i love the image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    Juls said...

    know what its like to spend a lot of time on your card and then not be happy with the result, but no need to worry! I think this card is gorgeous! especially love the black swirls!

    Debbie said...

    This is gorgeous Fran The colours are Fab,Thanks for playing along this week Hugs Debbie x

    anywhere_Smile said...

    Now that we have described discount links of london the one way linking process, how can you get links of london silver websites to link just to you? One answer is that it is links of london sale dependent on your sites content, especially if you links london jewellery have unique content. Other websites will link cheap links of london to you if you have interesting content that links london bracelet compliments their content. The problem is that you london links charms really have to have something exceptional. links of london watches sale One easy way to get a type of one way link called discount links of london rings a back-link. These are links to articles that you cheap links of london necklaces have written and distributed through article directories.

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin