Wednesday, 26 August 2009

The Sugar Bowl #17: 'celebrate'

Hello again! I know it's my second post today but it's the last day of the sugar bowl challenge and I want to get my card in on time for a change (you'd think 2 wks would be plenty time wouldn't you?!).

So in anticipation of my niece's GCSE results tomorrow I have made her this card using the sketch and the optional extra of making your own flowers.

I've decoupaged this cute Diane Duda image to give the card more dimension (her body and head have been stamped out few times, cut and added with Silicone glue which as usual I got everywhere so had to hide bit of it with the butterfly :/). Here's a side view to try and show the dimension of it more.
Stash:
  • Stamps: 'Upside down' by Diane Duda for Sugar Nellie. The !! marks, 'celebrate' and congrats circle in 1 of the flowers are from a studio g 99p set
  • Colouring: Copics and my usual sponged distress inks for around edges and background, also around flowers and papers for more defination
  • Paper: Making Memories 'flower patch'
  • Tools: EK retro flower punches for the flowers and spiral punch for the ripped notebook page effect on the sentiment. Petite Oval nesties, Swirl punch, butterfly punch and mini circle punch
  • Others: gem brads and stickles


    O.K, that's all for today, thanks for dropping by - again! Working tonight but will try and do a little blog hop later tonight (once I get my CCT card done for tomorrow!) Have a lovely day.

  • 9 comments:

    Di said...

    WOW fabulous Fran love your flowers!

    Hugs Di xxxx

    Vicky said...

    This is beautiful Fran. I love this DD image and your papers and colours are so sweet!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    Glitter Monkey said...

    I love the pastel colours on this card Fran - and I hope your niece gets good results. Lol Lynn ♥

    Annie said...

    love this card Fran, and I'm sure your neice will too - hope she gets the results she wants tomorrow.
    hugs, annie x

    Riet said...

    What a gorgeous card Frances,i love the image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    Andrea said...

    Gorgeous card - I love your layout and colours - flowers look fab. And I adore that stamp - it's on my wish list!
    I hope your niece gets the results she wants!
    Love, Andrea xx

    Juls said...

    gorgeous! I love this image and I love the dimention you have created with it!! love the little celebrate ticket! fab card!

    Lilian said...

    Hi Fran! Your card is gorgeous as always! Love the 3d effect, your coloring and the beautiful flowers!
    Thanks for joining the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a great day!

    Sam said...

    What a great card, love the 3D effect with the DD image and the flowers.
    Sam x

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin