Monday, 3 August 2009

Spoonful & WoJ: 'Hoppy Birthday'

Hello! My card today is using the fab sketch by Caryn over on Spoonful (just in time before new challenge tomorrow ) and 1 of the new 'party animal' WoJ release stamps by Alison Acton .
This one is perfect for hubby's nephew down under :). I also wanted to try and incorporate this week's WoJ challenge theme of flowers but as it's a guy card I've gone for some mini lollipop flowers as I think they look more 'masculine' :D The sketch had 3 but it didn't look right on my card, so left 1 off.
Stash:
  • Images: 'mina celebrating kangaroo' Whiff of Joy stamp. 'Hoppy birthday' doodled by me, the sentiment in corner is from PM sentiment stamp set
  • Colouring: Copics
  • DP: BG 'Granola'
  • Tools: Fiskars border punch, circle nesties, MS twig punch and circle punch for the lollipop flowers
  • Others: mini brads for centre of flowers
Right, that's my lot today - it's hubby's day off so suppose should go spend some time with him and step away from the pc and craft room! Have a good day whatever you're up to.


11 comments:

Rach said...

fantastic card Fran. great colouring.. your nephew is going to love this. hugs rachxxx

Kathy said...

Fab card!! Love the colors and of course your coloring rocks!! This image is adorable!! Your circle flowers are cool ~ I just made a card with them on it as well but it was for the Sugarbowl and I will have to wait to show it! (LOL) But love how they look. Have a great day with hubby!
:)Kathy

daisy said...

the card looks amazing fran! lovely for a male card!

hugs
daisy

SMK said...

hehe soooo cute! that stamp is fantastic :D

Kim said...

Fran what a beauty! I absolutely love it and that border punch is wonderful...a must have for me...hee hee! Love the lolipop flowers you have created too they are super cute!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Leann said...

Ooooooh yes - very "masculine" flowers... ;D {Gotta try and get my own back - I've just seen the comment you left on the Stampavie blog}

Thanks for the congrats {& don't be jealous - you know I'll share ;D}

Hugs x

Leann said...

Oh and yes, of course it's a fabby card - yours always are :D
x

Andrea said...

Fab card - I love the kangaroo image - and your mini lollipop flowers look great.
Love, Andrea xx

Pinkllilac said...

Gorgeous card and detail Fran, love the colouring and beautiful papers.
Hugs Linda

debby4000 said...

fabulous card Fran, love the stamps and what brilliant colours perfect for the image.
luv
Debby

suzARTe said...

good to see an Aussie image on your card, gorgeous card

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin