Sunday, 2 August 2009

PTW: digital 'warm wishes'


I happened to see this card over on Elaine's blog last week and just fell in love with the image so followed her link and found the artist behind it -Mo's digital pencil . Now I'm a die hard rubber stamper so have never been swayed by digital images but when the artwork is this amazing I just had to get some, and this is one of the ones I fell in love with. I'm sure I'll be back for more in future as her style is so unique and detailed plus there are some fab 'masculine' images too. However, I still love the old rubber, this is just the exception LOL.

Isn't this image just adorable (and this is coming from someone who really doesn't like mice/rodents IRL!!)
The image itself is quite large (but I could have resized it as it's digital!) so it's a big card (A4 folded in half). I've kept the layout very simple as I think the image speaks for itself and used the sketch over on PTW.

Image coloured with Copics (had no problem with it being printed although I did leave it to dry fully first). I've realised even my papers are digital too! MS snowflake punch used on the edge of the image, lots of faux stitching/doodling and some white pom pom trim and blue zoomz drops to finish. The little sentiment is one of those 99p studio g clear mini sets from last xmas.

Have a lovely evening.


15 comments:

Juls said...

how cute ie this! Love it!

Elaine said...

I'm going to have a proper blog catch-up tomorrow, but I couldn't resist coming over to comment on this as soon as I saw it in Google Reader!

How fab is your colouring??! Love it! This is one of the images I have yet to colour (I ended up buying rather a few!). Isn't Mo fab?

~Elaine

Erin said...

Gorgeous card, love the super cute image! You have coloured it beautifully.
Erin x

CraftyC said...

Wow Fran, a stunning card and that image is totally gorgeous, must go check out the link!
Clairex

Jean said...

I like this one so much; the image really grabs my attention, and you've colored it beautifully. I'm checking out Mo's digital stamps right now!

Di said...

Oh how awesome is this just love that image and how you have coloured it. Wonderful card

Hugs Di xx

Mina said...

oh wow I love this image, beautifully coloured...how long did you let your printer ink dry
Mina xxx

Kathy said...

Love your card Fran!! This is fabulous!! WHat a cute image and your coloring is just stunning!! WOW I really like this!! Hopefully she makes them into rubber!!
So cute!!
:)Kathy

daisy said...

the digi immage looks so cute and sentimental!

hugs
daisy

Littlebear said...

This is beautiful, what a fantastic image.
Clare x

Rach said...

gorgeous Fran, this looks amazing. hugs rachxx

debby4000 said...

This is gorgeous, the designs are fabulous and brought some too. But I use my pencils and my printer's ink hates me.
luv
Debby

Gvendalen said...

So pretty card!

Kim said...

What a cutie pie card! Love the pom pom lace and the snowflakes on the edge of your picture are amazing...love how you only used half of them!!! Great work friend!
Hugs~ Kim

gina g said...

Oh this is gorgeous love the image the colours and your colouring is perfect i love it. luv gina cc

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin