Saturday, 8 August 2009

Fri Sketchers: Pink bear?!


This is made using the sketch over on Friday Sketchers. Had this cute little bear left to colour in from the WoJ party Animals and wanted to use this Bo Bunny paper so I thought . . why not make the bear pink! (well, it's not like you need to go for realism is it - how many bears do you see accepting wrapped presents?!!) He turned out a bit too pink at first but luckily with Copics, you can just keep on adding! so I 'dulled' him down a bit with a few E colours and am happier now (yes, it was intentional to not blend all the colours smooth as it's fur so wouldn't reflect smooth like skin) though still not to sure if it was a wise move making him pink!


Sorry this is such a late post but blogger was playing up earlier and wouldn't let me add my photo (it obviously didn't like my pink bear!) before I left for work. So hope you're enjoying what's left of the weekend!

Stash:
  • Images: 'Bruno bear with present' Whiff Of Joy stamp, as is sentiment
  • Colouring: Copics for image and distress ink for edges around image
  • DP: Bo Bunny
  • Tools: Blossom nesties (for both image and the flowers - also traced around one for the edge of the card) SU ribbon slot punch & word window punch. Fiskars 'apron lace' border punch
  • others: pom pom ribbon, pink bella's baubles & couple of buttons

11 comments:

Tanja said...

Wonderful card! Love the image and the papers looks fantastic!

Thanks for playing with my sketch and joining the Friday Sketchers!

Have a nice weekend, Hugs Tanja

Edilene Rocha said...

Olá! Conheci o seu cantinho e é tudo de bom!
Lindo e criativo!...
Amei mesmo!!!
Parabéns pelo seu trabalho!
Se puder, dê uma espiadinha no meu:
magiadaines.blogspot.com
Beijinhos carinhosos.
Itabira - Brasil

Jean said...

Fran, I think your pink bear is adorable. Thanks for sharing your pretty cards with us.

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

Hugs, Jean

Viv said...

Well Fran, can't argue with your logic. LOL You're dead right!
So, are you going to do a blue one next? (LOVE the pink bear and papers are delish).
Viv xxx

Juls said...

just too adorable for words!!

Sue said...

Gorgeous, love those colours.
Sue xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Fran,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Kim said...

Great card Fran! I love how you have him looking fuzzy with fur! Gorgeous card1 I adorable the Alissa collection by Bo Bunny too! The papers were on sale at my LSS so I HAD to buy more even though I am already over flowing with it! lol!
Hugs~ Kim

Elaine said...

Fab card, Fran!!

debby4000 said...

Maybe when a bear is embarrassed he turns pink all over. I still think he's cute and love the fabulous card you've made with him.
luv
Debby

megastamper said...

oh fran, your card looks so pretty and the colours are so wonderful. you have made such a fabulous card.
thank you for joining in the friday sketchers challenge.
hugs, bea

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin