Thursday, 6 August 2009

CCT- tealy good & Simon says: 'bloom'

Love this week's CCT challenge as it's a colour combo I love - teal & red. Only problem was I had to cut into my MME 'early bird' paper which I have so far only been admiring and stroking LOL . . but I bit the bullet and chopped into 1 sheet, oooo it was hard (don't know why really it's not as if I'm likely to run out or stop buying more - currently trying reeeally hard not to get some gorgeous October Afternoon papers I've seen).
Anyway, here's my card, using another of my new Sarah Kay's.
The stamp itself is just the girl with the watering can, I've stamped the flowers from another stamp then drew in my own background to get my little garden scene (well, when I say draw, it was more case of couple of squiggles for the path/grass and pebbles and then just watercolouring in the different areas to define path/grass/sky). I'm going to enter this into this week's 'Simon says challenge' (buttons & ribbon) too. Keep missing the deadline to join in so thought I'd try and be early this week! It would have qualified for last week's distressed theme too as I've gone at it with my heidi swapp distresser tool around all the edges before adding faux stitching and also used distress ink around all the edges of papers and the image. Gave my Copics a break and watercoloured just with twinkling H2Os - this shot might show the shimmer better . .
Think I've pretty much described everything I used so won't bother with a stash list. Have a super Thursday!

19 comments:

Kim Y. said...

How pretty!!!

Juls said...

adorable, love how you have done the little straps. gorgeous card!

Faerielore said...

such a stunning cardm the colours are fab and these sarah kay is just soooo cute love the background you have made for her xxx

Malin said...

Beautiful!!! Love it.
//Malin

Kathy said...

WOW Fran this is just gorgeous!! I just love the idea to put the flowers on there!! I think when I ink up this image I may have to steal your idea!! lol
YOur coloring as always is stunning and look I don't even have this paper!! haha I have really been good!!
Enjoy your sunshine:)Kathy

Rach said...

Fran this is so pretty, love the colours and the papers that you have used. hugs rachxx

* Ula * said...

Beautiful and very sweet card, fabulous colours and paper.
And very sweet image!
hugs Ula

CraftyC said...

gorgeous card Fran, lovely comcbo of stamp and colours
Clairex

Sue said...

Adorable card, fantastic colours, really has that wow factor.
Sue xx

daisy said...

such a cute card!

hugs
daisy

Denise Clark said...

You did an awesome job coloring up this image! Wow! And she is so cute! Love the way you framed her in and then used a patterned paper too! Love it!

Elaine said...

Gorgeous card, Fran! I love it. Beautiful colouring.

Kim said...

Fran this is a gorgeous card! I can't wait to order me some of the new Sarah Kays! You have a stunning card here hun!!!! Love your created background...it's beautiful! And too funny...I just used my Early Bird papers today too....will be posted tomorrow on my blog! I had a hard time cutting into mine too!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Viv said...

Yeah! Stunning Fran! LOVE the sky/grass/path to bits! Fantastic card. No what you mean about using papers! Screech!
Viv xx

SimonSaysStamp.com said...

How cool!! Your papers and image are awesome!!

Thanks again for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

<3,
Steph

Viipula said...

So pretty card, a little bit retro too=O)

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Fran, lov ethe cute image and your colouring and papers are beautiful. Hugs Nikki x

Riet said...

Wowww Frances,what a beautiful card,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Kim Dellow said...

So gorgeous Fran, adore the paper you have used. Kim

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin