Wednesday, 26 August 2009

ATC~ teen terror: twilight!

O.K, it's Wednesday so time for bit of fun with an ATC. It's a shame we can't get more people to join in as I love making them . . just great fun to just let your imagination run riot for half an hour or so (only small, so don't take long) and be creative without having to worry how it will look or end up. Sometimes I may use them as card toppers but most of the time they are just for fun and serve no purpose what so ever! . Like this weeks :D

The theme is 'teen terror' so anything teenage related. Well that instantly made me think of this stamp from Greeting Farm. He's called Edward and looked tooooo much like THE Edward from Twilight so that just started me off on the whole 'Twilight' theme and you can't get more teenagey angst than that, now can you?! So I found him a Bella (another greeting farm stamp) but then couldn't fit them all onto 1 ATC so played around and ended up with 2 ATCs which I have put side by side to make a fold out/pop up style double ATC. Found some stamps for the background scene and away I went!

Here it is tied up closed, to resemble the book and then what it looks like opened up flat . .

and here it is again flipped open and standing up. . .
My particular favourite bit (and hubby's) is the truck I found for the background . . doesn't it look like the one in the movie, heehee?! although hubby said it wasn't battered/faded enough *rolls eyes* (it's from a SU set).

Here's another shot of it from a different angle, looks like he's crept up behind her LOL . .
Oh, I'm assuming you all know what I'm talking about but for those not bitten (sorry for the pun!) by the whole Twilight thing, it's a teenage vampire romance novel turned movie series.

Really hope you'll hop on over to the ATC blog to see the other ATCs made by the rest of the DT and maybe spend 30mins and join in with us - as long as you're base card/ATC is 3.5x2.5 it's up to you how you decorate it . . go on, raid your scrap pile and have a play!

Stash:
  • Stamps: Main characters are 'Annika' & 'Edward' from the Wild sprouts range by Greeting Farm. Apple on the front (like the cover of the novel!) and the tree/moon are CC designs stamps. The truck and pine trees are from an SU set. The text is from fab little alphabet clear sets, 99p! love the grungy one on the front even though you can't really tell it says twilight!
  • Colouring: all Copics apart from the sky which was 'weathered wood' distress ink sponged for that grey/moody look of their hometown, Forks
  • Paper: just scraps of grey and red from my scrap pile
  • Tools: scallop & circle punch for the front apple bit, MS fench punch. oh and my trusty lil pair of fiskars scissors for cutting out the images
  • Others: bit of ribbon to tie shut as it's a bit thick when closed!

    Sorry for the long post but I had such fun making it I wanted to share it with you . . hope it put a smile on your face too :D and thanks for stopping by.


  • 20 comments:

    Andy said...

    Cool idea Frances, I must show it my daughter, fab colouring, I like it very much ... and I love the film :O) LG Andy

    Tracey Feeger said...

    Oh man you are so creative. Very clever idea. I love the Edward stamp. You should see the new Hugh stamp they are bringing out in September - looks very similar to Jasper (I think at least LOL). I am obsessed with Twilight.
    mwah
    Trace

    Beth said...

    I probably shouldn't (being that I'm not a teenager) but I LOVE everything Twilight - and this is amazing!! The layout is genius and the truck is a brilliant idea! Fabulous stuff!

    Beth xx

    Glitter Monkey said...

    What an absolutely fabulous creation Fran!! I lubs it so much. What else can I say except "Team Edward Forever"!! Lol Lynn ♥

    Mandy - Crafty Angel said...

    this is amazing!!! a twilight card! how cute is edward! I love the truck too! LOVE everything! fantastic!

    hugs mandyxx

    Juls said...

    wow this is amazing, love how it closes into a little book, and I love the little fence and the way edward stands on the ground!! such an amazing creation!

    Elaine said...

    This is fantastic! I love it. :)

    Leann said...

    Nooooooooo!!!!! How could you Fran? Team Jake for goodness sake girl - Who'd want Sparkle-Boy here when there's the growly dawg on offer?!
    Errrr, yeah - I'll shush now, I've already been hounded {snort!} for the "I don't like Magnolia's any more" post of last week, don't want any Sparkle fans coming to bite me... ;)

    Hugs x x x

    Oh yeah - I lubs it really!

    Georgia said...

    this is super! I love your take on Twilight! Your creativity is amazing! great job!

    debby4000 said...

    Oh this is absolutely brilliant.
    luv
    Debby

    Tracy said...

    They are sooooo cooool, me and my two eldest kids are all reading the twilight sagas at the moment and just love twilight. Those ATC are really great.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    Annie said...

    this is just fabulous Fran! and such a lot of work for a small space, but stunning non the less.
    hugs, annie x

    Riet said...

    Ohhh Frances,what beautiful,i love the images and papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    TaraG said...

    OMG!!!! Fran, this is just tooooo dang cute, girl! Oh, I love it cuz I'm reading the Twilight saga right now...I am on Eclipse...so I am totally diggin' your Bella and Edward ATC, hun! It is super fabulous and I love the scene with Bella's truck...akkkk...it is insanely fabulous! He is the perfect Edward and she is sooooo cute as Bella with her books....OMG!!!! I am just freakin' out I love it so much....well you made my day seeing this fab creation!
    Big hugs,t

    suemon said...

    Fran this is awesome, you are just too clever.
    hugs
    Sue x

    Katherine said...

    Oh, Fran - it's awesome :) I love Twilight! (probably more than an almost-30-year-old should... lol!)

    Viv said...

    What a brilliant idea Fran! Love it!
    You've created a little work of art here.
    Viv xx

    Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

    I'm coming late to this post, but just had to comment on it -- what an amazing job you did here! Thanks for sharing your Edward and Bella with us!

    anywhere_Smile said...

    Now that we have described discount links of london the one way linking process, how can you get links of london silver websites to link just to you? One answer is that it is links of london sale dependent on your sites content, especially if you links london jewellery have unique content. Other websites will link cheap links of london to you if you have interesting content that links london bracelet compliments their content. The problem is that you london links charms really have to have something exceptional. links of london watches sale One easy way to get a type of one way link called discount links of london rings a back-link. These are links to articles that you cheap links of london necklaces have written and distributed through article directories.

    sad said...

    I have spent most of my life in Kenya,tory burch East Africa I was intrigued to hear MBT shoes,tory burch shoes otherwise known as Masai Barefoot Technology.MBT shoes are most definitely not a fashion statement and can look a bit odd. tory burch outlet Invented in 1997 by Swiss Engineer Karl Mueller, Mbt's are seen as a highly performing aid to fitness. cheap tory burch MBT's are designed to be breathable, flexible and comfortable. tory burch boots The MBT shoes uniquely mbt designed sole, very similar to the 'tyre shoes' often worn by East African Tribal people, are said to mimic walking around barefoot in the sand.tory burch flip flops MBT shoes are slightly weighted and distribute weight evenly across the entire foot and as your body reacts to the weight and instability of the mbt shoe's sole design, muscles,tory burch handbag often those neglected, are made to work to correct this instability.tory burch handbags outlet Could there then be a better way to tone up when the only fitness aid you need is a pair of MBT shoes? tory burch heels MBT shoes can have a beneficial effect on the entire body and MBT shoes are said to enhance both training and massage effects on the body.tory burch flats Here are a few reasons why: All you need to do is start walking. Walking is probably one of the , most popular, tory burch flats cheap simplest, cheapest and enjoyable recreational activities one can find. Walking alone improves circulation, boosts your immunity, strengthens the performance of the lungs and heart, betters your mood, improves muscle tone and gets you out of the house.tory burch wallet Add a pair of Mbt shoes to the equation and many of the benefits are magnified and mbt schuhe muscles, not often used, start to be trained.

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin