Wednesday, 5 August 2009

ATC: 'hey presto!'

ATC theme this week is to turn it into something else.

So, what with the awful weather and making winter seem closer than it actually is, I've gone for a christmas theme. Here's my ATC using 2 Magnolia stamps from last year's xmas collection . .

Coloured with Copics, distressed with distress inks around the edges and spritzed with glimmer mist (creme de cocoa) and stickles in her wings. Added little wax seal in corner to match the ones on the parcels (fab little set from Papermania) and rounded corners with corner punch.

Then 'hey presto' . .
. . it's now a gift bag. Sorry for the poor photo but just couldn't get it to look right! Used the template I got from the Stampavie challenge I did last week, here and used another sparkly sheet from the same MME 'laundry line' stack which is nice card weight just right for making into bags. All I added was some flowers (mix of Prima poinsettias, retro punch and snowflake punch) and some garden twine for a more rustic/parcel feel.

Hope you like it. Will be back later with another card (I know! I was on a roll and actually not chasing my tail as much this week so the output is higher - just need to find someway to use/sell it all as my mountain of finished cards is growing! . . what do you all do with yours?!)


7 comments:

sandra said...

This is great!
Love all details!
Coloring is perfect!
Great job!
Hugs!Sandra!

Sue said...

Just gorgeous. Love that gift bag project and you have done a fantastic job with it.
Sue xx

Juls said...

what a gorgeous bag! love it!

Andrea said...

Wow! This is fab! I love the paper you have used, and the snowflakes really add something to the flowers!
I don't seem to get time to make cards just for fun - every one I make is for someone specific. I do wish I had more time for just playing though, and to be able to build a stash of spare cards!
Love, Andrea xx

Penni said...

Wow this is fantastic - excellent colouring. Excellent idea to add the seal.

I love this bag, it's so easy to make and always looks stunning.

Hugs
Penni
X

Elaine said...

Stunning! Your colouring is just gorgeous.

stephanne said...

Love that template Stampavie let us play with, and your creation is beautiful!!

I send off some of my cards to Post Pals and Make A Child Smile, the cute kid-friendly ones that have no recipients. There are some links to both of those organizations in my sidebar if you are interested.

Stephanne

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin