Tuesday, 4 August 2009

Another Scrumptious Spoonful: 'hugs to you'

My card today is for Spoonful of sugar challenge, again (yesterday's card was for the last challenge which I just caught in time)! Today's is for the new challenge out, 'floral fantasy' and is my guest DT card. Thanks to Debbie for inviting me, I had fun with this one!

I've combined it with the sketch over on 'Truly scrumptious' and have used 2 of my newish (been sitting waiting a while!) Bildmalarnas stamps. The name did make me chuckle, she's called 'Tossa' and I've masked her and stamped the flowers twice behind her. Well the theme is flowers so wanted to make sure I had plenty on there! I think she's cute but hubby said she was ugly but what does he know!

I've sprayed some of my homemade pearl ex shimmer spray all over the card and flowers but it was hard to capture on the photo. Think might see it bit better in this second shot plus couldn't decide which angle/lighting looked better so you can have both . .

Stash:
  • Images: 'Tossa' and the flowers are Bildmarlarnas stamps (got mine direct but I know Nikki has them in her store too). Sentiment from an old Hero arts set
  • Colouring: Copics
  • Papers: MME 'Wild Asparagus'
  • Tools: MS fence border punch (just about see it running behind ribbon), EK retro flower punche & woodware 'sakura' flower punch, MS butterfly punch, twig punch
  • Others: paper roses, pearl ex mixed with water spritzed all over for shimmer, faux stitching, pearls

Thanks for popping by and all the lovely comments - always much appreciated! Have a good day.




16 comments:

Viv said...

Fran, I love to read your posts just as much as seeing your gorgeous cards. You do make me giggle with your descriptions. This is fab. LOVE the colouring, as always and nearly choked on me tea when I read hubby's thoughts. Ha Ha
Viv xx

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Your card is so beautiful Fran. The colours are gorgeous and love how you have masked and coloured your little scene. Zoe and I always laugh over her name. Thanks for the link up and thanks for being our fabulous guest this week. Big Hugs, Nikki x

Glitter Monkey said...

I so love this Pearl-Ex spray Fran - the finishing touch to this really lovely card. Lol Lynn ♥

Juls said...

adorable! love everything about it! the image is too cute and the colours are just fab1 and I love how you have used all those flowers! - Just stunning!

suzARTe said...

this card is just beautiful, love the flowers and everything about it

Erin said...

Awww this is so adorable! The image is so so sweet! Love your beautiful papers too!
Stunning!
erin x

Debbie said...

Your card is Gorgeous Fran,I love the stunning colours,Thanks so much for being our fabulous guest this week. Big Hugs,Debbie x

gina g said...

Wow this is beautiful i love the image and your choice of colours....oh and the papers are gorgeous. luv gina xx

Kim said...

Fran what a beauty of a card! She is a cutie (hubby's don't know anything...lol) and I love the shimmer you have added to your card1 BEAUTIFUL work hun!
Hugs~ Kim

Katarina said...

Just needed to come by and say what a wonderful card you made for the challenge. It's brilliant!

Sue said...

Another beautiful card. Love everything about it.
Sue xx

Camilla said...

Stunning card from you again my friend!! So bright and beautiful colours, and gorgeous flowers!
I am so glad that you joined us as a GD!! Thank you:)
Big hugs, Camilla.

Tracy said...

Awww, so gorgeous, the scene, the colours and that very cute image are all stunning.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
p.s. my hubby thinks Tilda is creepy as she only has eyes and no nose and mouth, aww she's cute!

kEySTONe said...

i do like this card!

debby4000 said...

Oh he is so cute and wonderful gorgeous flowers.
luv
Debby

Lynn said...

Just found the Spoon Full of Sugar blog. I just had to stop by and tell you how gorgeous your card is! It is just amazing! Love all the flowers, stamped and otherwise. The image is super cute too (your hubby is wrong! lol)

Lynn R.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin