Tuesday, 14 July 2009

WoJ: piece of cake . .

. . not! Thought this would be a quick card to make as I had the sketch to work to (from WoJ challenge) and the image I wanted to use didn't require much colouring. However, all the bits just weren't looking right when I put them together so I moved it around and it took me all evening yesterday moving and chopping bits of paper until I couldn't chop no more and settled on this!

Love this wedding cake from the recent Wedding collection over on Whiff of Joy, as is the sentiment sheet which I have again just stamped all as one as I like how it all looks together. Not much else to say about this really; it's ended up slightly better than what it started out as, but not as good as how I imagined it (ever get ones like that?!).

Stash:

  • Images: cake & sentiments all Whiff of Joy stamps bit of flower in the background card is MME 99p stamp
  • Colouring: Copics with glaze pens over the flowers and icing dots and a touch of clear sparkle pen over her dress
  • DP: MME 'Bohemia' paper pad
  • Others: Woodware punches for flower, paper rose, MS valentine lace border punch, lace and white bella's baubles oh and corner rounder punch again!

Right, must try and get some DT stuff made (even though I've still got time for some of it . . probably too much - being last minute.com that I am!) but keep finding silly fun games over on Facebook and get sucked into them LOL . . (Debby think your typing high score is safe, I can touch type, but not that fast!).

Have a good day, my twinkling H2Os that I ordered 3 months ago (from their 40% sale) should finally be delivered today (had to pay customs first :( ) so will probably be wading through those and trying them all out so you may see some water colouring for a change soon.


12 comments:

Deb said...

gorgeous card Fran, love new collection especially the cake! Great use of the sentiments too!
hugs Debx

Alice said...

Oh that is a beautiful and original wedding card!!
Alice

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, beautiful wedding cake.
I'm working on the typing jim but you can be the bejewelled bitz Queen.
luv
Debby

Kathy said...

Whohoo finally getting your twinkling h2o's!!! I cannot wait to see your coloring with them!!
Lovely card!! Your coloring is fabulous and love the sentiment block!
BTW ~ I seen that game and HAD to try it out as well!! (lol) They are addictive. I stayed up well into the night and will pay for it today!!
Have a great day :)Kathy

Georgia Ehrmann said...

beautiful card! I love the coloring on the roses...they seem very 3 dimensional

Happy Crafter said...

Beautiful card love the cake and sentiments :)
Hugzz Val xxx

Erin said...

Stunning card Fran! Love all the sentiments! Erin x

Viv said...

Well you might not be 100% happy with this card...BUT I AM!!!
It's flippin' gorgeous Fran!
Viv xx

SannaS said...

This is fabulous! Love all the texts together like that! =)
Hugs, SannaS

Hilde Larsen aka. Tindaloo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hilde Larsen aka. Tindaloo said...

Beautiful wedding card, lovely colors too!

Leah the Orange said...

These are beautiful, and I am LOVING my Twinkling H2Os, which arrived about 3 months after i ordered (and I didn't have to worry about customs). HAVE FUN WITH THEM! I can't wait to see what you do!

---Karmyn

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin