Monday, 27 July 2009

WoJ: Party Animals

A couple more cards today using the new Alison Acton, 'party animals', release from Whiff of Joy. For some reason I looked at them and thought 'male cards' so went to my Basic Grey pads and thought colours in 'Granola' pad seemed to work with all of them.

First up, is 'Thomas Eagle' and I've gone with a more collagey look on this one using the sketch over on WoJ Challenge (I've rotated the sketch onto it's side). The magic mesh and the metal tabs kinda reminded me of bird cages so used them. I played around with scrap piece of the mesh and used it as a mask when I sponged around the edge of the image, just to soften the white a bit (which I like to do when using vintage/distress colours on a card)
Then for my second card, I've gone for opposite style and kept it very clean and simple (it was so hard not to add more stuff to it!), using 'Claude giraffe' (love his outfit!) and this fortnight's sketch & stash sketch. Left sentiment off until I come to use it or may just leave it off all together.

Stash:
  • Images: Animals - new release from Whiff of Joy stamps, happy birthday seal - Cats Life press
  • Colouring: Copics (didn't make a note of colours - should I for future cards? feedback welcome)
  • Papers: Basic Grey 'Granola'
  • Others: Petite oval nesties, magic mesh, brads and metal anchors

Have a lovely Monday.


16 comments:

Sue said...

These are gorgeous and so much fun, your colouring is amazing.
Sue xx

fluwelenvoetjes said...

Love your two cards. The colouring of the bird is amazing!! So very well done.
xoxoxo Anita

Elaine said...

Both utterly stunning cards! Gorgeous colouring, Fran!

Michele said...

Gorgeous cards Fran. Love the new WOJ images and your colouring is just stunning. Hugs Michele x

Littlebear said...

These are gorgeous Fran. I love the papers that you've used. I adore these new stamps which you have coloured superbly.
I don't mind you not listing which colours you used.
Have a great week.
Clare x

Annie said...

Hi Fran! what great cards for those awkward chaps! and I love the idea of sponging through the mesh, I must remember that one!
hugs, annie x

Erin said...

Gorgeous cards Fran, you have coloured them beautifully, love your papers.
Erin x

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

these are gorgeous cards love how you have coloured them outstanding x

Kathy said...

Both these cards are just fabulous Fran!! I adore your coloring of them!! I think they are so cute but the coloring part of animals just intimidates me!! (LOL) You though have no problem!!
(I have left you an award on my blog :)Kathy

debby4000 said...

Oh these two are fabulous, they are perfect for mens cards.
luv
Debby

Caroljenks said...

Gorgeous cards Fran. LOVE the effect you achieved around Thomas with masking using the mesh - it looks FAB!

Love them both.

Carol x

Juls said...

what brilliant cards! I love the images, and the colours you have used!

Jane said...

These are stunning! Fantastic male cards, love the mesh! hugs, Jane x

Jill said...

2 gorgeous cards Fran, love the image and wow your colouring is fab! thanks for joining us at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx

Becky said...

Wow Fran! What gorgeous creations and stunning colouring, these new stamps are so fabulous!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

gina g said...

Theses are fab love the giraffe one cant wait for mine to come. luv gina xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin