Monday, 20 July 2009

WoJ: card and birthday blog hop news

Hello, my card today is for the WoJ Challenge - 'piercing/paper pricking'. So after writing up the news about the WoJ blog hop (will come to that later) I just had to dig out cute Henry mouse again for my card.
I saw this stand up fold card during my travels which I just had to try (sorry, can't remember who's blog now but they did point me to SCS here, which is where I got the measurements from). I really love how this looks and will definitely be doing more as it's so easy but I'll use double sided cardstock next time (instead of just using up some scraps on my desk!).

Stash:
  • Images: 'Henry mouse' & stack of presents on the back are both WoJ stamps by Alison Acton
  • Colouring: Copics with stickles in the flame and glaze pen over the choc sprinkles on the cupcake
  • Papers: DCWV ('sweet') offcuts & scraps that have been sitting on my desk for months waiting for the right image!
  • Others: Blossom nesties, vellum for the pink mat behind Henry (thought the vellum looked like cupcake casings). I used the same nestie that I cut Henry out and used that as a template for the vellum, paperpricked it all the way around then carefully tore the shape out before gently embossing around edges. Lots of paper pricking around edges both front and back of card. Found some old pricking tools I've kept from when I tried Pergamano years ago and went a bit mad with it as they are nice and sharp so very easy to use! (knew I kept them for a reason)
Right, onto the WoJ news. Just a reminder that it's the birthday blog hop this coming Saturday. Yup, to celebrate WoJ's first birthday and also new release of stamps that night, we're having a party . .
Blog hop will start over on Katharina's WoJ blog and end over on Papercraft Planet forum for party chit chat and lots more. I'm afraid I'll be working that evening but I will be there in spirit as I'll pre-schedule my bloghop post! For full details see PDF poster here .


18 comments:

Penni said...

What a fab fun card Fran - I love this mouse, he's soooo cute.

Hugs
Penni
X

sandra said...

Great way to fold a card.Didn't saw this way yet.I will try to make one.
I love mouse stamp.Card is sooo cute.
Hugs!
Sandra!

Kim Y. said...

oh, I love the fold on this card! Nice coloring too!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Fran, wow what a stunning card hunny, i love the design and this is one of my favourite whiff of joy ever images. That mouse and cupcake are sooooo cute. Lovely papers and detail as always Fran. Have a lovely day, hugs Linda x

Viv said...

I'm dead impressed with that card Fran!!! It's a corker!
Viv xxx

Craftyanny said...

Fran this is just adorable, a great fun card

Kathy said...

WOW that is really neat looking!! I will have to try that one out!!
Love the colors/papers that you have used on this one and Henry has never looked better!! He is so adorable ~ love him on the anniversary add too!!
As far as the DT thing goes I think your safe! I have tried for just about everyone and have never been picked! I am just humoring myself (LOL)!
Hope your day goes great!
:)Kathy

Shazza said...

fab card, love the shape of it, must try to hunt down the instructions. Such a cute image too
x

Caroljenks said...

Gorgeous card - you've used my favorite stamp AND my favorite paper stack! Love it.

Will have to check out the Blog Hop too, never been to one before!

Carol x

Gvendalen said...

Very beautiful card, Fran. This mouse is so cute and your coloring is gorgeous

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Fran, and so beautifully coloured!
Clairexx

patty w said...

How cute is that mouse !!

Mel said...

Fab unusual card think i will have to try one of these.
Love the image too and your colouring if beautiful :)
Mel x

Damia said...

It's so cute!! I love this mouse :)

Caryn said...

This is fabulous - I love the different opening. I sometimes struggle just with a square!!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Happy Crafter said...

Beautiful card Fran i love the folds and that cute little mouse :)
Hugzz Val xxx

MichelleO said...

Fran this is too cute for words.. and different! Love your coloring and the papers!
HUGS
MichelleO

anywhere_Smile said...

Now that we have described discount links of london the one way linking process, how can you get links of london silver websites to link just to you? One answer is that it is links of london sale dependent on your sites content, especially if you links london jewellery have unique content. Other websites will link cheap links of london to you if you have interesting content that links london bracelet compliments their content. The problem is that you london links charms really have to have something exceptional. links of london watches sale One easy way to get a type of one way link called discount links of london rings a back-link. These are links to articles that you cheap links of london necklaces have written and distributed through article directories.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin