Wednesday, 1 July 2009

T&F ATC: 'American as apple pie'!

It's Independence day in a few days so ATC theme this week is 'stars & stripes' with added option of red, white & blue.

I instantly knew what dp I was going to use as one of my old DCWV mat stacks had an Independence day theme paper in it which I was never going to use seeing as I'm British so this was perfect time to put it to good use for a bit of fun :)
Then it was just case of deciding what image to use and I happened to have this High Hopes stamp sitting on my desk staring at me and the phrase 'American as apple pie' just popped into my head :D. Image coloured with Copics then just cut out and popped onto 3D foam. Added a little stripe ribbon so the stars and stripes option is covered (stars in the paper) and the text printed off pc.

***********************

Can't believe it's July already AND I forgot to make something for the WOJ Project Of the Month today (slap wrists!) but if you hop on over to the WOJ POM gallery you can see all the fabulous teacher projects the rest of my talented (and better organised) teamies came up with. Best get my skates on and sort something out for my birthday blog candy as that is fast approaching along with card for hubby's birthday and an anniversary card for sis.

See Magnolia are shipping the summer kit from today. I was undecided and hadn't ordered this time as was going to wait until they gave sneek peek like last time but they've done it different this time and have given the sneek peek AFTER closing orders - typical! Will just have to hope I won't love them all and just get a few that I really love when they get released individually!

Have a good day, stay cool!


4 comments:

Malin said...

Hello,
super cute Fran, love the colouring! Hope you are well, we have super hot so I feel sorry for my dog...LOL ( and me)

I had the Magnolia summer kit today!

//Malin

Viv said...

Brilliant ATC Fran! Love your colouring as usual. You did gud!
Viv xxx

Rach said...

fabulous atc Fran, great colouring. hugs Rachxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant ATC.
luv
Debby

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin