Anyway, onto my card for today. It was supposed to be for Simon's Says challenge as I liked the sketch and thought it was about time I played along to one . . but looks like I'm too late! Luckily have been saved by Stamp with Fun who want to see pearls and I have those on there - yeah!
My new Sarah Kay stamps finally arrived last week and I inked this one up first as I wanted to use my bargain MS birdie border punch - isn't it cute?! I originally had this on preorder with Hobbyhouse when it was first released but then their deliveries got held up so I cancelled and ordered something else. Then the other week I happened to be browsing - like you do! - and saw they had it on special offer for £10.49 (only for that weekend) so I had to get it - I was obviously meant to have it!
The flower was made from a template I found (Dovecraft one) amongst my stash so I thought I'd actually use it - Love the 3d-ness of it but know why I won't be using it too often - too fiddly! Here's a side shot of it so you can see the dimension and also how I used that cute bird border punch again on the inside
- Image: 'how sweet are you' Sarah Kay Stampavie stamp. Flourish around edge from Autumn Leaves Stampology stamp set 'on the edge' Sentiment is one of those 99p studio g wooden stamps (it had a little bird on it but I just inked the text)
- Colouring: stamped with Memento ink & coloured with Copics (I obviously colour too many people images as my E000 is on it's last leg and I had to order refill)
- DP: MME 'Bloom & Grow' & green & brown cardstock to match
- Tools: EK and MS border punches, EK flourish punch, MS twig punch & rectangle nesties
- Others: pearls and pearl brad
Onto the award I got given this morning from Kathy, isn't it so cute?! I've 'known' Kathy since pretty much the start of my blogging life and just seemed to click with her - I adore her cards (her blog title is so apt - love how she distresses!), we seem to have the same tastes in stamps and papers (although she probably has more of a paper habit than I do LOL) AND she liked my dodgy taste in music when I had the music player on my blog. So thanks Kathy, the feelings mutual!!
Now I'm usually really bad when it comes to passing awards on but this award really means alot to me as it is only given to a single person and I was chosen so it's only fair that I play along. So for the tough bit.