Tuesday, 28 July 2009

SWF: Lil' bird. . & an award

Evening! What a dreary old day it's been here - where's our summer gone? If you have it, can you return it please as it feels like autumn already and I don't like it!

Anyway, onto my card for today. It was supposed to be for Simon's Says challenge as I liked the sketch and thought it was about time I played along to one . . but looks like I'm too late! Luckily have been saved by Stamp with Fun who want to see pearls and I have those on there - yeah!
My new Sarah Kay stamps finally arrived last week and I inked this one up first as I wanted to use my bargain MS birdie border punch - isn't it cute?! I originally had this on preorder with Hobbyhouse when it was first released but then their deliveries got held up so I cancelled and ordered something else. Then the other week I happened to be browsing - like you do! - and saw they had it on special offer for £10.49 (only for that weekend) so I had to get it - I was obviously meant to have it!

The flower was made from a template I found (Dovecraft one) amongst my stash so I thought I'd actually use it - Love the 3d-ness of it but know why I won't be using it too often - too fiddly! Here's a side shot of it so you can see the dimension and also how I used that cute bird border punch again on the inside

Stash:
  • Image: 'how sweet are you' Sarah Kay Stampavie stamp. Flourish around edge from Autumn Leaves Stampology stamp set 'on the edge' Sentiment is one of those 99p studio g wooden stamps (it had a little bird on it but I just inked the text)
  • Colouring: stamped with Memento ink & coloured with Copics (I obviously colour too many people images as my E000 is on it's last leg and I had to order refill)
  • DP: MME 'Bloom & Grow' & green & brown cardstock to match
  • Tools: EK and MS border punches, EK flourish punch, MS twig punch & rectangle nesties
  • Others: pearls and pearl brad

**************

Onto the award I got given this morning from Kathy, isn't it so cute?! I've 'known' Kathy since pretty much the start of my blogging life and just seemed to click with her - I adore her cards (her blog title is so apt - love how she distresses!), we seem to have the same tastes in stamps and papers (although she probably has more of a paper habit than I do LOL) AND she liked my dodgy taste in music when I had the music player on my blog. So thanks Kathy, the feelings mutual!!

Now I'm usually really bad when it comes to passing awards on but this award really means alot to me as it is only given to a single person and I was chosen so it's only fair that I play along. So for the tough bit.

The following 'Rules' are applicable for this award:

1 - Forward this award to one person only.
2 - State why you give this award to that persons blog
3 - Have you been given this award for the 2nd time - No 1&2 are applicable
4 - Mention rules when passing on this award.
So, having thought about it I would like to pass this on to Debby (debby4000). For pretty much the same reasons as Kathy. I've 'known' Debby since the beginning (through our failed SBS8 group!) and I think she could rival me in the rubber stamp collection dept :D as we seem to own the same ones! Debby makes the most amazing 3D cards so I always look forward to reading her blog plus I love her sense of humour - often find myself chuckling at what she's written. Not to mention the fact that I love all the scrapbooking she does (am hoping it will inspire me to start someday as I still not done any yet) and she still can't beat me in Bejewelled Blitz over on facebook :p! Never mind eh Debby, have this award instead ;)


15 comments:

debby4000 said...

When I can stop laughing I will tell you how fabulous your card is. Love those ducks but I'm all spent out this month, glad your new SK have arrived and a gorgeous job too.
I will one day beat you at bejewelled blitz maybe not this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
luv
Debby

CraftyC said...

Stunning card Fran, love the SK image, beautifully coloured and that Birdie MS punch is gorgeous!
Clairexx

Beth said...

Oh this is such a gorgeous card! I love the sweet stamp! Apparently summer will be mid August, hhmmm, we'll see!

Beth xx

Juls said...

adorable, love the colours you have used, and the border works so well, such a beautiful creation!

Tasha said...

Wow stunning card, love the image, definatly on my wish list, Hugs, Tash xxx

MichelleO said...

I just love this! I too just got my chickie border.. and this was the first image I used it with.. then went and found all the chickie images I could in my stash! LOL.. really wonderful card -
HUGS
MichelleO

Jean said...

Hi, Fran, you have no idea how much I enjoy your blog - your creativity is astounding. I'm so glad I am able to drop in every day to see what you're doing.

Kim said...

AWESOME card Fran! I love it and that punch is GREAT...I so have to go shopping now! :) Love your coloring it's beyond perfect as usual! :)
Big Hugs~ Kim

stephanne said...

Adorable card and beautiful colouring. What a great use of the sketch, regardless of cut-off times, it looks great!!
Stephanne

Malin said...

Hello, I hope you are well. It was a lobg time since my last visit here and I can see so many beautiful creations.

It was a great day at the Magnolia shop, my last visit ever there I think, since they are moving to a bigger place in September.

I am off to Norway now, and then after the holidays and life goes back to Normal, i hope I will be able to make some crafting again.

I have more pic. of Magnolia, I can send them by mail.

//Malin

Littlebear said...

Congratulations on your award Fran. Your card is amazing. I love the chicks border and it's just perfect to go with the image. The flower is fabulous too.
Clare x

Sue said...

Oh that is gorgeous. Love those colours and the image is sooo cute. Well done on the award too.
Sue xx

gina g said...

Beautiful card i love the image its so sweet and the MS border punch is brilliant. luv gina xx

tina46 said...

beautiful card !!!love the sweet image.your colouring is wonderful !! thanks for joining in our challenge.
big hugs tina46
swf-team

Kathy said...

Boy I missed alot of creations on your blog!! This is so cute!! I love these stamps and that punch is perfect for this!! Gorgeous flower as well!! Such a pretty card!!
I'll admit when I have a problem!! LOL and yes I do when it comes to paper!! But I have cleaned my stash and have saved a basket full and can't buy anymore til its gone!! LOL Or until I see some I have to have!!
:)Kathy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin