Friday, 31 July 2009

SAV #9: Xmas teddy gift bag

Since I've rediscovered my Sarah Kays again, I've been checking out the company blog (Stampavie) more (as I am loving all the new stamps they have coming out by new artists soon and am making my shopping lists LOL).

Anyway, they have a bi-weekly challenge (with secret prize) and this week's one looked too fun and easy that I had to play along. It's to make a gift bag using the template by Lauren M which is given to you on the challenge post here. I thought I'd make a start on some christmassy things (current weather sure makes it feel that bit closer!) and made this gift bag (with this uninked teddy that I didn't get a chance to use last year!)
I wanted some glitz so used some MME glitter cardstock for the bag itself and thought this pattern & colours would work for Christmas even though it's not a christmas paper. Then I just added the teddy image, some punched out snowflakes and some white pom pom trim to wrap around bag at top. Here's close up of teddy;

Stash:
  • Images: teddy stamp is RAM Stampavie stamp from last year
  • Colouring: stamped onto cream cardstock with Memento ink and coloured with Copics
  • Card: MME 'laundry line' glittered pad
  • Tools: scorpal, rectangle nestie for the teddy, MS & xcut snowflake punches, corner rounder punch, SU label punch for the bag handle hole (didn't have a suitable oval punch so improvised with this and like the result!)
  • Others: white pom pom string (fom Tescos wrapping section last xmas)

***************

Off to drool over some more new stash that landed today (got the CC designs limited Autumn kit and wow, do you get a lot! . .plus a few sheets of new Cosmo Cricket xmas paper may have flown over with it too :D).

Have a lovely weekend but do stop back tomorrow as I've got my Whiff of Joy Project of the month (yup, remembered to do one this month!)


15 comments:

Chloe said...

Hello Fran,
Love your teddy gift bag and how you have used your Sarah Kay stamps.
I was overjoyed when I heard that there was going to be a Sarah Kay revival which would include stamps. At the moment I am drooling over my autumn stash too. I'm hoping to make decorations and such. I enjoyed looking around you site. All the best Chloe, UK

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Your gift bag is amazing! If I received it from you, you wouldn't even have to put a gift in it for the bag is like a gift itself! LOL!

daisy said...

it looks amazing! how can we forget all those lovely stamps we drool over every time theye come out?! i have that 2 i just recieved a couple stamps tody, and as i was sorting theme out, i was thinking of the ones right next to them and theye haven't been inket!*oeps* well maby soon.....

have a great weekend

hugs
daisy

Annie said...

fabulous bag Fran! and that cute image is just adorable. you are getting organised with the xmas pressies!
hugs, annie x

stephanne said...

This is beautiful!! Sorta funny, I was thinking to use this challenge for a Christmas bag also. Love the colours and the papers you've chosen. Enjoy the new goodies.
Stephanne

Malin said...

I love this gift bag, super cute.
Hope you are well, I am in Norway and I hope for nice wetaher - but it seems to be more rain.

//Malin

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

this is fantastic love it to bits - hope all is ok with you xx

Littlebear said...

Wow, this is fabulous. I love it. What a gorgeous way to give a gift.
Clare x

Sue said...

This is very cute, love the colouring on the gorgeous stamp. Must have a look at this.
Sue xx

Di said...

WOW Farn it is a small world Hey! we are neighbour bloggers!
I love this gift bag really clever, love your colouring>

Hugs Di xxx

MichelleO said...

Fran this is just gorgeous! And perfect for that special Christmas present! Love the sparkle -
HUGS
MichelleO

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

I L.O.V.E. your Christmas bag, it's wonderful! Thanks for join in the fun!

Ohhh the C.C. Designs fall kit is great, isn't it? I received my DT stamps last week and I love all the images and can't wait to play ;)

suzARTe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
suzARTe said...

what a gorgeous gift bag. love everything about it

Carmen O. said...

Your teddy bag is super cute! I love it. I think I'm hooked on making this bag, I definitely want to make a few more.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin