Saturday, 18 July 2009

PTW #19 with stampavie

I've used the sketch over on PTW to make this simple card (fancied simple for a change, plus I wanted to let the image & papers speak for itself).Had my first little play with my new batch of twinkling H2Os and used them to colour this Sarah Kay image (I'm still waiting on my new S Kays to arrive but have plenty of the older ones to keep me happy in the meantime). It's all H2Os except the shadow around them (which is distress ink pad 'weathered wood') and I love the result as it's not too twinkly but enough, when you catch it in the light. It's a nice change from my Copics and gives a softer vintagey look which I love for these sorts of images.

Here's a close up of these cuties and think you can just about see some of the twinkly bits


I had bits left over from the damask die cut I used on the front so I used them to decorate the inside . . very simple but I think it works;
Stash:
  • Images: 'first kiss' Sarah Kay Stampavie stamp. flourish bits in corners are from an Autumn Leaves corners stamp set
  • Colouring: watercoloured with twinkling H2Os (used 'baby's breath' and 'almond beige' for skin tones) and a bit of distress ink for the shadow and sponging around the edges.
  • Paper: Cosmo Cricket 'Ever after'
  • Others: quickcutz 'damask' die, MS flourish border punch, ribbons and white bellas baubles

I love my Sarah Kays and I love cute so I'm going to give the Stampavie DT call a try (no harm in trying right?!), as along with Sarah Kay ans RAM, they have just added 2 new artists which are right up my street - Tina Wenke & Helz Cuppleditch, have you seen them?, they are just too cute! So I need to try and feed this rubba addiction of mine somehow :D (plus it will get me to actually use them as opposed to just hoarding them :D) wish me luck!

Thanks for stopping by. Probably won't have another post till Monday now so have a lovely weekend (even if the weather feels like Autumn already!!) and I know schools out so hope the kids aren't driving you mad already. . else it's going to be a long summer :/ !


24 comments:

Emma said...

fran loving your card and the use of h20's i love them so much!
x

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Beautiful card Fran, I love your attention to detail! This does not look like a "simple" card to me! lol!

* Ula * said...

Lovely card, love the sweet image, and the papers are great.
Very pretty colours and detail! :-O
hugs Ula

sandra said...

Oh,I looove Sarah Kay cards!
You made fantastic card!
Love the colors!
Hugs!
Sandra!

dawnmarieg said...

Beautiful Fran, a gorgeous card, I love this SK image. I love the colouring too its beautiful. Good luck with the DT. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Saskia said...

Lovely work!

Saskia :)

stephanne said...

Your entry is just gorgeous!! I am right in there with you, more using, less hoarding!! But it's sooo hard to say no when these stamps just get cuter and cuter and the new artists, OMG!!! Good luck with the Design Call.
Stephanne

Chrissy's Creations said...

What a beautiful card, I love the details and your coloring is fabulous!

LOUISE said...

Gorgeous card Fran, love the image, and the love the shape. The colouring is fab. Louise x

Mel said...

Beautiful card and love all the detail on the inside too :)
Mel x

Dawny P said...

This is gorgeous :) I love the image and papers you used and it's a fabulous take on the sketch. And such beautiful colouring as well - love it. Thank you for joining us at PTW, hugs, Dawny xxx

Denyze said...

Beautiful card as always, and so are all your others.

I love them all!

Denyze
x

Malin said...

Hello, antoher beautful and stunning creation from you! Love it.

//Malin

Erin said...

Gorgeous card Fran, love evrything about this, especially your delicious papers!
Erin x

Heather x said...

Beautiful card, Fran, great use of the h2o's.
Good luck with the DT call :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Liisa said...

This is so cute. I really love your colouring.

Tracey Feeger said...

Beautiful card. Love everything about it.
mwah
Trace

Allissa (Lisa) said...

My goodness Fran, this is amazing as always. I love to see your work. Iv been a lag blogger of late due to feeling poorly so im sorry im only just getting around to visit.

Hope you're well.

Hugs
Lisa.xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, love those papers and the Sarah Kay couple are gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Fran - this card is gorgeous - I just won this stamp in a Blog Candy and haven't inked it yet so thanks for the inspiration!! Love your coloursing and those Dies - georgeous!! Thanks for sharing!! All the Best with the DT too - they will love your work!!! God bless you!

Kathy said...

Well this is gorgeous!! I need to get those papers!! I am really slacking in the paper area!! (LOL) Gorgeous image and your coloring is fabulous ~ you have nothing to worry about!! Love these as vintage as well!! Beautiful card!
:)Kathy

Caroljenks said...

Fran this card is stunning! The colouring is fab!!
My Twinkling H2o's don't come out like that :(

Carol x

Aunty Sue said...

just stunning and love the image

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Gorgeous card Fran, love your colouring with the H20's. Such a sweet image.
Hugs
Carole x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin