Monday, 6 July 2009

Just Magnolia: 'make a wish . .'

O.K, here's the card I rustled up for hubby - afraid it's not one of my best as I rushed it! I intended to colour it all in shades of brown (which was why I stamped it in brown in the first place) but then I went and sponged the background and realised it would have all looked too flat so then just made it up as I went along and ended up with this!
Added this inside as I knew it would make hubby laugh, which it did!

The metal charms on the front means I can enter this into this week's Just Magnolia challenge.

No patterned paper used, just lots of stamping, sponging with distress inks and colouring with Copics. Apart form the 3 Magnolia stamps (edwin, tilda & the cake) I've used a candle from a greeting farm set, hero arts birthday definition stamp (stamped randomly behind edwin) and the 'make a wish' stamp on the brown cardstock is one of those 99p studio g jobbies.

**************
Got lots of goodies from Nikki's new shop (fab service ;) over the weekend and the new Gorjuss girls set plus some other bits landed today - just need some more EZ foam to arrive and hopefully that will all kickstart my mojo as it's deserted me again! Will be back tomorrow with my birthday candy so hopefully see you then.


Have a good day, think we've ended up with everyone's rain today - absolutely tipping it (and that's an understatement!). It's stopped now but I can see very grey clouds in the distance which look like copic colour C7 so don't think I'll be venturing out!!


11 comments:

Kim Piggott said...

Fabulous card!
Love your sweet image and your wonderful colours and detail!
Thank you so much for joining us at Just Magnolia!
hugs
kim x

Joyce said...

Very good...it made me laugh.

Angela said...

Lovely card, Tilda looks fab!!
Hug's Angela x

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card Fran and I just love the colouring of your image and the detail is superb.
Hugs Linda

Malin said...

Hello!
Absolutley wonderful card, hope you are well, finaly some rain here it was so fresh outdoors this morning.

//Malin

Elaine said...

I love it!

Faerielore said...

great card and such a sweet image made me smile xxx

Angie said...

Beautiful card,
Hugs
Angie

debby4000 said...

Brilliant card, love the inside did make me chuckle.
luv
Debby

Bev said...

Wow, such a gorgeous card Fran! Thanks so much for joining us this week x

Rach said...

gorgeous Fran, wonderful colouration. hugs rachxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin