Now, don't know about you, but I tend to use them as my 'go to' for when I need to embellish 'masculine' cards. So with that in mind thought I'd kill 2 birds with one stone as next birthday card needed in this household is for hubby's brother next month. He works for Cathay (planes) so when I saw this dp in my stash with the clouds and planes, the idea came to me and I came up with this, using the fab sketch over on Sketch Sat
Rather than use my nesties I thought it would be fun to make my own cloud shape to frame my image (just followed the cloud shape in the dp and roughly sketched and cut one out by hand). Thought the sentiment of 'across the miles' on the seal stamp fitted with the plane theme (plus he is all the way over in Hong Kong). Then I just used the one jumbo eyelet in the corner, lots of edge distressing and faux stitching just to give it all more definition. Nice and simple (had to be as I made this early hours of last night!)
- Images: 'Hello Ian' Greeting Farm stamp, 'sending love seal' stamp from Cats Life Press (after using the ones Kathy sent me, it made me dig up the seals I have!)
- Colouring: black memento ink, smooth cardstock & Copics
- DP: Cosmo cricket 'little boys' got them in sale last year (glad I got 2 lots now ;)) and kraft bazzil card for matting. The 'bro' lettering are stickers from the pack too.
- Tools: Heidi swapp distresser tool, pricking tool and fineliner pen for faux stitching
- Others: anita's sticky ribbon, SU jumbo eyelet and PM adhesive shimmer dots