Thursday, 23 July 2009

CCT~ "eye eye": 'Bro'

CCT this week wants to see eyelets on your card. I think that's something we all have stashed away somewhere but doesn't get used often . . so go dig them out girls!

Now, don't know about you, but I tend to use them as my 'go to' for when I need to embellish 'masculine' cards. So with that in mind thought I'd kill 2 birds with one stone as next birthday card needed in this household is for hubby's brother next month. He works for Cathay (planes) so when I saw this dp in my stash with the clouds and planes, the idea came to me and I came up with this, using the fab sketch over on Sketch Sat


Rather than use my nesties I thought it would be fun to make my own cloud shape to frame my image (just followed the cloud shape in the dp and roughly sketched and cut one out by hand). Thought the sentiment of 'across the miles' on the seal stamp fitted with the plane theme (plus he is all the way over in Hong Kong). Then I just used the one jumbo eyelet in the corner, lots of edge distressing and faux stitching just to give it all more definition. Nice and simple (had to be as I made this early hours of last night!)

Stash:

  • Images: 'Hello Ian' Greeting Farm stamp, 'sending love seal' stamp from Cats Life Press (after using the ones Kathy sent me, it made me dig up the seals I have!)
  • Colouring: black memento ink, smooth cardstock & Copics
  • DP: Cosmo cricket 'little boys' got them in sale last year (glad I got 2 lots now ;)) and kraft bazzil card for matting. The 'bro' lettering are stickers from the pack too.
  • Tools: Heidi swapp distresser tool, pricking tool and fineliner pen for faux stitching
  • Others: anita's sticky ribbon, SU jumbo eyelet and PM adhesive shimmer dots

Have a good evening! Not sure if I'll have another card for tomorrow, but if not I'll see you Saturday for THE whiff of Joy Bloghop (7pm start here)



16 comments:

Shazza said...

I just LOVE this card, the image is fantastic as is your cloud shape for matting him on.
x

Littlebear said...

This is great Fran, I love your cloud and the sentiment is great.
Clare x

Erin said...

Gorgeous card fran, super image! Love it!
Erin x

Andrea said...

I love this card - the cloud shape you have made looks fab, and I thought your stitching was real! A brilliant male card!

daisy said...

what a cutie fran! he will love it

hugs
daisy

Georgia Ehrmann said...

What a GREAT CARD! Your bil is sure to love it! I love the cloud that you made too!!

MichelleO said...

What a wonderful "GUY" card! I love this, your cloud is wonderful - and you know we both love the GF ..
HUGS
MichelleO

Viv said...

This is a bit brilliant Fran!
I reckon you cut your images out with a laser too, coz the edges are all so amazingly perfect.
Your colouring too, is as always, stunning.
Viv xx

Kim Y. said...

Oooo, so cute!! I love the stitches! I wish I can sew like that!
Have a great day, Fran!
Kim

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Fran this is an awesome card! Love the cloud shape..and the stitching around it is perfect. Well done. Love the jumbp eyelet and sentiment circle. Kathy has just sent me a bunch of those too..love 'em!!! Fabulous card in every way !
Hugs Judy xx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, it's perfect and I'm sure he's going to love it.
luv
Debby

kEySTONe said...

Fab card, thanks for the effort!
xx

Kathy said...

Oh I love this card Fran!! HE is adorable and your coloring is just fabulous!! I love the layout and all your details as well!!
Thanks for pointing me in the NEW Anya direction ~ I had no idea!! WHat the hell am I going to do about all these new stamps???? Seriously!! (LOL) Can life get any tougher? haha
Anyways have a great week-end and congrats on winning the prize somewhere ~ I don't remember but it was alot of ribbon! LOL
:)Kathy

Jo said...

Fantastic card Fran! Love the image and all the distressing.

Annie said...

great card Fran - and love that background dp! hugs, annie x

anywhere_Smile said...

Now that we have described discount links of london the one way linking process, how can you get links of london silver websites to link just to you? One answer is that it is links of london sale dependent on your sites content, especially if you links london jewellery have unique content. Other websites will link cheap links of london to you if you have interesting content that links london bracelet compliments their content. The problem is that you london links charms really have to have something exceptional. links of london watches sale One easy way to get a type of one way link called discount links of london rings a back-link. These are links to articles that you cheap links of london necklaces have written and distributed through article directories.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin