Thursday, 16 July 2009

Spoonful of CCT - Christmas in July: 'snow'

CCT theme this week is 'christmas in July'. Can't believe we're already half way through this year already so no time like the present to start on those christmas cards. Last year was the first time I started early and made the odd one every week and it worked out really well, so think I'll be doing the same this year, starting now!


So here's one of my first ones for 2009! I've used the fab sketch over on Spoonful (love this one, can see me using it again as it's simple to put together but doesn't look it, IYKWIM)

I love these Anya sets (just need to find more time to use them all!) and I've been waiting to make these snowflakes for ages - by sticking twinklets (which is jar of diamond dust made out of ground glass so not suitable for small kids) on to die cut acetate snowflake. Here's a closer shot of it but it looks so much better in real life, especially when it catches the light. Stash:
  • Images: 'snow' Anya from 'Rain, snow, shine' set the little snowflakes and sentiment around her are from a Papermania clear set. The snow was actually part of another stamp but I just inked up the diddy snowflakes
  • Colouring: Anya coloured with Copics and did my usual of sponging around her whilst my nestie die was still on to get the blue background
  • Papers: love this MME paper and the best bit is, it's digital so I can print it to my heart's content, (well, need to get more ink first, just run out!) It's a Zoe Pearn set, 'little joys' from sweetshoppe
  • Others: nesties label die (can never remember what number/names they are!), cuttlebug die for the big snowflake, MS and xcut punches for the smaller ones, twinklets glamour dust, the glitter chipboard circles were from magazine freebies from last year that I happened to find whilst searching for something to put there

My parcel finally arrived yesterday (along with some other goodies :D) so off to play with those today and figure out where/how I'm going to store all my new pots of H2O's!!! (Oh and also try and get back my high score back on Blitz but not having any luck this week so I think you're safe Debby!)

16 comments:

Caryn said...

This is totally stunning - I love the reds and blues together - this is a great sketch by our Debbie too - I know I'll be using it again.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Happy Crafter said...

Fab card Fran and i love the snowflake very pretty :)
Hugzz Val xxx

Michele said...

Such a gorgeous card Fran. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

MichelleO said...

this is really gorgeous! I am trying to not look at that snow flake.. oh it is so pretty.. but I do not need a new product.. oh but it is pretty!
HUGS
MichelleO

bente_me said...

Love your card and the brigth colours you have used:)Never too early to make christmas cards;)
Hugs Bente:)

Nixe07 said...

Stunning Fran! I love your gorgeous card. Anya is such a cutie and you´ve coloured her fantastic. The papers are fab too.
Hugs
Moni

Erin said...

Fabulous card Fran, beautifully coloured image! Love you papers so so much!
Erin x

Viv said...

Love it of course! That snowflake is brilliant! It must be stunning IRL if it's THAT gorgeous in a photo.
Viv xxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love that snowflake and the cute Miss Anya.
You've beaten me again!
luv
Debby

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Fran,and a Fab take on my sketch,Thanks for playing along with ASFOS this week,Hugs Debbie x

Saskia said...

Beautiful card!!

Lovely work on your bog! You're so creative!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card Fran and fantastic colouring!
Love the gorgeous designs and detail!
Hugs Linda

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card Fran, great Anya and gorgeous papers
Clairex

Kathy said...

Fran I just love this card!! All my favorite things!! Love this Anya, love this paper and love those snowflakes even more!! (LOL) Beautiful combination of stuff and your coloring is the icing on the cake!!
Hey if there are any great colors I need to know about (because I didn't get them all!!) let me know because I just love these things and I see they are going to get rid of some!!
Hope you have a great week-end playing with all your goodies!!
:)Kathy

sandra said...

Cute card!I love color combination and snowflake is great detail!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Allissa (Lisa) said...

Simply stunning Fran....love the idea of the snowflake. I bet its beaut as you day IRL.

I Love it babes.

Hugs
Lisa.xxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin