Wanted to play along to the Stampavie challenge #8 (as using Sarah Kay the other day has just made me want to go use more . . do you have phases like that?!) and I was hoping to use some of the new ones this week but my order's still not here (trust me to go pick the one store who hasn't had their stock in yet!). Never mind, perhaps it's a good thing really as it's made me go ink up what I do have! So looking at the ones uninked, I thought this one would fit the gardening theme. I've also used the fab sketch over on Friday sketchers and Spoonful this week wants to see swirls and I've got those on there too.
Wanted to go distress/vintage (the card, not me - though I'm probably already there LOL) and I just love the effect of colouring on Kraft card, so dug some out along with my poor prismacolor pencils which have been gathering dust. Added bit of sparkle to her dress and hat with twinkling H2O and sponged around her with tattered rose distress ink whilst my nestie die was still on so that you get the border all the way around the die cut. Here's close up of her (both photos can be clicked on for better view)
- Images:'time for apple pie' Sarah Kay stamp. The 2 circle seal stamps were images sent to me by Kathy (mwargh x perfect timing as I was just looking for something to put there :D) but I know they are by 'Cats Life Press' and will be getting my own soon ;)
- Colouring: stamped and clear embossed onto Kraft card (mine's Bazzil cardstock and from 'Scrap Revolution' but have seen them in few other stores too, just check their bazzil cardstock section - found mine under 'browns') then coloured with Prismacolor pencils/Sansodor and touch of twinkling H2Os
- Paper: Cosmo Cricket 'little girls'
- Tools: decorative scissors to cut round circular bit, labels nestie, EK flourish punch, MS twig punch, woodware flower punch, Heidi swapp distresser, corner rounder punch, MS flourish border punch
- Others: Prima flowers, paper roses, pearl ex mixed with water and sprayed onto roses, raffia ribbon, white bellas baubles
Have a good evening!