Wednesday, 22 July 2009

3 for 1 with Sarah kay

I know, 3 posts in 1 day but this one should have gone up last night until AOL had other ideas!

Wanted to play along to the Stampavie challenge #8 (as using Sarah Kay the other day has just made me want to go use more . . do you have phases like that?!) and I was hoping to use some of the new ones this week but my order's still not here (trust me to go pick the one store who hasn't had their stock in yet!). Never mind, perhaps it's a good thing really as it's made me go ink up what I do have! So looking at the ones uninked, I thought this one would fit the gardening theme. I've also used the fab sketch over on Friday sketchers and Spoonful this week wants to see swirls and I've got those on there too.


Wanted to go distress/vintage (the card, not me - though I'm probably already there LOL) and I just love the effect of colouring on Kraft card, so dug some out along with my poor prismacolor pencils which have been gathering dust. Added bit of sparkle to her dress and hat with twinkling H2O and sponged around her with tattered rose distress ink whilst my nestie die was still on so that you get the border all the way around the die cut. Here's close up of her (both photos can be clicked on for better view)

Stash:
  • Images:'time for apple pie' Sarah Kay stamp. The 2 circle seal stamps were images sent to me by Kathy (mwargh x perfect timing as I was just looking for something to put there :D) but I know they are by 'Cats Life Press' and will be getting my own soon ;)
  • Colouring: stamped and clear embossed onto Kraft card (mine's Bazzil cardstock and from 'Scrap Revolution' but have seen them in few other stores too, just check their bazzil cardstock section - found mine under 'browns') then coloured with Prismacolor pencils/Sansodor and touch of twinkling H2Os
  • Paper: Cosmo Cricket 'little girls'
  • Tools: decorative scissors to cut round circular bit, labels nestie, EK flourish punch, MS twig punch, woodware flower punch, Heidi swapp distresser, corner rounder punch, MS flourish border punch
  • Others: Prima flowers, paper roses, pearl ex mixed with water and sprayed onto roses, raffia ribbon, white bellas baubles
O.K no more posts for today now, off to work (if you're looking for announcement of my candy winner it's in post below this one).

Have a good evening!




18 comments:

Happy Crafter said...

Gorgeous card love the image andpapers :)
Hugzz Val xxx

Littlebear said...

Fabulous card Fran, I love all the detail - there is so much to take in. The colouring on Kraft looks fantastic.
Clare x

Diane.W. said...

Hiya Fran!!!
Luvly card & I just used my pencils too,how strange!!! :o)x

stephanne said...

Owwwie, this is my second time I've ended up here from the Stampavie page and I must say, these Franmade Stampavie image cards of yours are exquisite!! Beautiful.
Stephanne

SMK said...

loving this! the circle seal stamps are the perfect touch :)

MichelleO said...

Really gorgeous! Love your coloring and the papers are really pretty - love the layout!
HUGS
MichelleO

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous card!!

Pinkllilac said...

Gorgeous card Fran and love the design and detail, the colours are beautiful.

Hugs Linda

Alanna said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous.

Craftyanny said...

Beautiful card Fran

Erin said...

Wow what a stunning card, you have coloured the image beautifully. Love it!
Erin x

Gail's Card Cafe' said...

beautiful! I like the coloring

Viv said...

This is dead good Fran, 'coz the colours you've used really do look like the colours you see on vintage pictures! The DP are a perfect choice too. Gorgeous!
Viv xxx

Annie said...

Hi Fran, playing catch up again and taking a look at your gorgeous cards. I love the ones with Sarah Kay images, definately my favourites at the moment.
hugs, annie x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, Sarah Kay looks so sweet and what gorgeous papers.
Hope the new ones come soon.
luv
Debby

kEySTONe said...

OOOO!
Nice work!

Shazza said...

WOW this is just gorgeous
x

anywhere_Smile said...

Now that we have described discount links of london the one way linking process, how can you get links of london silver websites to link just to you? One answer is that it is links of london sale dependent on your sites content, especially if you links london jewellery have unique content. Other websites will link cheap links of london to you if you have interesting content that links london bracelet compliments their content. The problem is that you london links charms really have to have something exceptional. links of london watches sale One easy way to get a type of one way link called discount links of london rings a back-link. These are links to articles that you cheap links of london necklaces have written and distributed through article directories.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin