Sunday, 12 July 2009

2 challenges: 'Hugs to you'

Finally got round to using one of my Annie stamps and looking through this week's challenges thought she'd fit the sketch over on Sketch Sat and I picked some papers which would work with the copic colour challenge this week. Just looking at photo she looks a bit pink but she's not in real life - honest, it's just bad lighting!
Love the angle of this stamp and the way she's looking up at you (not to mention that hair!). Was going to decoupage the rose but then got lazy so just gave it a coat of glossy accent and sprinkled lots of glamour dust over it instead.
Stash:
  • Images: 'Iressistable Annie' from Charmed delectable stamps, sentiment from Hero arts set, flowers in the corner are MME 'wild asparagus' wooden 99p stamps I got from my local papermill store.
  • Colouring: Copics as per this week's challenge plus few others I forgot to include in photo
  • Papers: MME 'wild asparagus' paper block matted with dark brown card onto a green base card blank (looks too flat without the matting)
  • Others: various punches (corner rounder, flourish, flower, photo corner), ric rac ribbon, paper rose
***********

Hope you're all having a good Sunday. I've been naughty and pre-ordered the new batch of Sarah Kay stamps (even though I've still to use all of my existing ones but they are 1 line I can't resist and yes, I have held back on other stuff . . . just don't know for how long haha).

Talking of irresistable, have you seen Katharina's post today about the new Elisabeth Bell Autumn stamp kit? Yup, she's starting to take pre-orders and has sneek peek up - and it's looking good! You have until Aug 7th to place pre-orders. . Go on, you know you want to ;)

13 comments:

Caroljenks said...

Gorgeous card Fran - She is beautiful, I've 'needed' her for ages - but keep finding other stuff I 'need' too!!! Love the colours you've used.

Carol x

Tracey Feeger said...

Beautiful card Fran. Love the colours.
I am the same with my stamps - I buy new ones even when I haven't used or hardly used the ones I have. I must drag out some of my older ones and use them.
mwah
Trace

Yvette said...

What a sweet card! Your coloring is awesome! She really is a sweet image!

Viv said...

You are very norty Fran, I can sense your wicked grin when you're saying 'Go on, you know you want to'! LOL
LOVE your card. The colours and bits and bobs are a delight. (Don't blame ya for not decoupaging the rose).
Luv Me xx

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card Fran and fantastic colouring!
Love the gorgeous designs and detail!

Hugs Linda

Rach said...

gorgeous Fran, fabulous colouring of a sweet image. hugs rachxx

crafty amy said...

Oh my this is just too cute I love the colour scheme :)

X Amy X

Erin said...

Wow gorgeous card, love everything about it! Fantastic layout and your papers are just lush!
Erin x

Jenny said...

Wow you did a great job coloring this image. Gorgeous card and I adore that image.TFS

Jenny

Kathy said...

This is gorgeous Fran!! I love the colors and that image is too cute!! Love the angle of your picture as well ~ really captures her nicely!!
Beautiful coloring as always!! That sneak peek is adorable and I cannot wait to see the rest!
:)Kathy

Happy Crafter said...

Gorgeous card she is iressistable is'nt she love your colouring and yes the hair is fab wish i had a head of hair like that :)
Have a great day hugzz Val xxx

COCO said...

WO very wonderful card !!! cute image and papers !!!!
Thanks for joining us to S.S.
Hugs COCO

Mirjam said...

Wow! Your card looks stunning. The coloured image is very impressive. Well done =)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin