Monday, 8 June 2009

WoJ Peview delight & candy!

Yeah, it's preview time as Whiff of Joy will be releasing their 'Women's Delight' collection on the 14th June. So in the run up to that make sure you check out all the DT this week for previews of all the delights to come! There may also be the odd candy here and there too - I have one and I know Camilla has one which will be a perfect match to mine :), but will get to that later.

I had a hard choice choosing which stamp to show you first as there are so many gorgeous images, all in the theme of weddings and babies. So wedding first I think!
All the Images & sentiments are from the new release (about from the small swirls on the edges of the card) and are great to mix and match. Don't you just love all those sentiments? They all come on 1 sheet of rubber and I loved how they all looked as they were so rather than pick just 1 sentiment I just stamped it all as one, onto acetate and added it over my dp which I didn't want to hide. Willow bride, the swing and Oakley groom are all seperate stamps but I just used masking technique to create my little scene. They have been coloured with Copics and then coat of twinkling H2O over her dress and his waistcoat for added shimmer. Here's a close up shot of the image.
Can I just say that I must have subconsiously thought Oakley looked like hubby as I ended up colouring him in exactly the same outfit he wore on our wedding day - he even commented on it when I showed him LOL

I added the elegant dove in the corner as it looked a bit bare. Gave him a bit of texture by using white 'fluffy stuff' on him, rolled it out flat (bit messy!) before heating it with heat gun to give him his feather look. The charm on it qualifies it for this week's WoJ challenge :)

I also want to enter this into this week's 'Copic Creations #5 - clear/transparent things' as I've coloured Willow's veil so that it looks like you can still see bits of the swing and flowers behind it and also her dress sleeves are transparent so a hint of her arm can be seen through that too, close up below . .
Here is another shot of the whole card, this captures the shimmer on their clothes better but not on the glorious dp (DCWV luxury stack, knew it'd come in handy one day!)
Sorry for the long post but it's a big card and lots on it! So back to the Candy I mentioned at the start. I have the handsome groom, Oakley up for grabs along with a few bits so if you would like to go in my draw to win him, see post right under this one and leave a comment there. If you would also like to try to win him a bride then please pop on over to my teamie, Camilla as she has a different gorgeous bride for candy and be sure to check out all her dreamy creations.

Right, I'm off to go see what all the rest of my talented DT teamies have come up with. See you tomorrow for another preview.


51 comments:

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Oh my goodness Fran this card is simply stunning, what lovely images and they are coloured perfectly. Dont the happy couple look stunning????? oh so much detail, fabulous work truly a work of art hunny! hugs Linda x

Zarah said...

Wow... What an amazingly detailed card - and how beautiful!! *in awe*

Marcea said...

Wow sweetie, this card is just amazing - I really need these stamps - thay are the gorgeous things I have seen in ages!!! WOnderful work
-x-

Malin said...

I love it, absolutley stunning!
I hope you are well, Lilltass is much better but far from well, but he improves so much every day now.

//Malin

weewiccababe said...

absolutely stunning card - images are beautiful
xx

Rach said...

wow Fran, you have created a stunner here sweetie,, i am lost for words. which is unusual.. lol.. brilliant job. hugs rachxx

Mariska said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love the bride on the swing and Oakley is looking so handsome besides her. They have this gorgeous glow about them... Absolutely stunning!

xxx
Mariska

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love the way you've coloured the veil!
Helen x

Bev said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Fran, I love how you have used all those stamps together, especially the text! xx

Jeanette said...

Fran, I am just stunned at how gorgeous this card is! Wow Sweetie, you have created a masterpiece! Hugs Jeanette

Kathy said...

Gorgeous Fran!!! I love the sparkles in your card ~ sooo pretty!! Your coloring is just amazing and love what you did with the sentiments!! These are all fabulous!! I guess this will ruin my rubber diet!! (LOL) Have a great day :)Kathy

Lesley said...

Your colouring is fabulous and those twinkling H20s are just "the icing on the cake". Will be in line to place an order on the 14th as I *need* to make a wedding card for my cousin's wedding this summer!

Artyjen said...

What gorgeous detail you have created on this...fantabulous!!!
xoxo

cats whiskers said...

Oh Fran this is fabulous she looks so serene sitting on that swing and Wow if Oaklety looks like your Hubby lucky you!!!!!!!, I love the sparkle the H20's have produced and the great way you have used the sentiments sheets
Hugs Jacqui x

Malin a.k.a. Boop said...

This is absolutely stunning! I love how you used so many of the stamps on one card. It looks great! And the charm is so sweet :)

Janice said...

Wow!! This is amazing. Love little Oakley-coloring is fab! Stunning card.

Camilla said...

Sooo beautiful Fran!! My bride is a bit jealous, she would love to have that handsome fellow as her husband;) hehe..
And what a great scene you have made, love it!
Hugs, Camilla.

Net said...

What a beautiful bride!

Caryn said...

Oh Fran this is just beautiful. I am so loving the look of these new stamps, they are just gorgeous.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Suzanne J Dean said...

Wow--just gorgeous Fran--I love how you incorporated the groom into the scene. Just lovely!

hugz,
Suzanne

All Pink girl said...

Wow what a work of art Fran so beautiful xxxlove it ,hugs Dawnxxx

leenda said...

WOW! This is GORGEOUS!

Lotti said...

What a great card! The colouring is absolutely stunning, I love the "transparent" effects you created. The way you stamped all the sentiments at once is also perfect - they really look as if they are menat that way. Everything else is perfect as well - embellishments, paper...

Kim said...

OMG Fran this is a lovely card hun! So STUNNING!!! I am in awe! Your work always leaves me gasping for air because of its beauty! And how did you color her veil to make it look transparent like that? I love the look you have created by doing that! I'm totally stumped because it does look so real! :) GREAT JOB!
Hugs~ Kim

Caroline said...

Wow! Stunning card. These new stamps are a dream I just love them all so far. Caroline x

Finja said...

a lovely.... the words give the card an extra charm...
Hugs Finja

Lena Katrine said...

Beautiful card with a lovely image! Love the shimmer in it ;)

TaraG said...

This is absolutely stunning Fran! Your colouring is sensations and I love this image it is like they are having there pictures taken,smile! Such a sweet scene! Love the papers, and all the details! I love the sentiments that is brilliant!
Gorgeous!!!!
Hus,t

Faerielore said...

Truely stunning card and fab candy, i have added a link on my side bar to spread the word, good luck everyone xxx

Nicola said...

Beautiful card. All the cards I am seeing from this new collection are just leaving me speechless. Thanks for the chance to win.

Hugs
Nic

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness what a stunning card. I just love the way you used this new set. thanks for showing different ways to use these fantastic new images

hugs, Kathy

Tonya said...

WOW this is really gorgeous!! Fabulous job!!

Tracey Feeger said...

Gosh I am loving Oakley. He is looking very spunky in his suit. Thanks for the chance to win him - I am loving all the new range.
mwah
Trace

NormaJean said...

what a beautiful card!! and thanks for the chance to win your candy its great, I posted with a link on my blog
thanks again
normajean

Anonymous said...

#35
Oakley Groom is adorable, hard to find cute boy and men stamps. Your cards are always beautiful. Thanks for the chance to pick up some candy. Stella

Tanya said...

WOW! This is absolutly gorgeous!

Grylla said...

I have to say Oakly makes a very handsome groom, the card with both bride and groom were gorgeus.

Michele said...

Oh this is stunning Fran. Love the images and the beautiful colouring. Thanks for the chance to win this gorgeous candy and I've added a link onto my sidebar. Hugs Michele x

Yvette said...

What a charming couple!!! Love this stamp. You did a fabulous job coloring them! Plus the dove is just icing on the cake! :)

gingerjenny said...

I am going to learn how to do that transparent thing you did with her veil. Oh my goodness that is just amazing! Please enter me in the drawing..i'm obsessed with WOJ!

Mimi said...

I just have to say, I love your card.

Nikki said...

This is just fantastic fran
The couple looks great :) these stamps are just soo pretty
Nikki

sandra tomlinson said...

omg i absolutely love this card its sooo gorgeous, you are sooo talented.
sandra xxx

Pinkllilac said...

Hi Fran this is just stunning and I love the colours and detail, fantastic.
Hugs Linda

JindraS said...

OMGoodness! What a gorgeous card! I love that it is not geared towards a specific sex of the baby! Your cards are so detailed and just so lovely. Thanks for sharign,

tracy said...

wow what a corker I love the design you have come up the colours are stunning on the groom and the bride is gorgeous can't wait for the realease on this stunning collection.
thanks for a chance to win
tracy x

scrapfreak said...

Wow, the new stamps are amazing. I would love a shot to win this stamp. Thanks for a wonderfull blog!

Debbie said...

What beautiful images, makes me want to get married all over again...

bissecat said...

Lovely cart..i love this new WOJ. stamps.I gross my fingers....

Gvendalen said...

What stunning card and fab candy!
Beautiful new stamps! thanks for a chance to win

Nita said...

Great candy, and beautiful card ;)
Would love to win this candy!!
Regards Anita

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin