Monday, 1 June 2009

WoJ, June POM

It's the 1st of the month (pinch & a punch ;p) which means it's time for another WoJ project.

Project of the Month for June is to make a gift for father's day. I've gone for something simple and fairly generic (CD holder) so could be used for other occasions too, depending on how you decorate the front. Perfect for making a personal compilation of music or photos and giving as a little gift whatever the occasion. It is lovely and quick to make, especially if you have a scor-pal. Instructions are over on SCS here

I've used the lovely 'willow armchair' and just added a sentiment into the middle and kept it all simple and fairly masculine.
It is straight but just looks wonky as I think I must have taken it at a funny angle!)

Instead of flowers, I've added some metal charms which I thought went very well with the whole 'relax and unwind theme' :) Got these charms off ebay a while ago now and have been waiting to use them for some time.

'It's your day' is another WOJ stamp as too is the bowl of apples which I have stamped with dazzle versamark inkpad on the bottom panel. You can see that better in the photo below which shows where the cd sits inside.



For better inspiration be sure to go check out my fellow DT's amazing creations either on their blog (links in my sidebar) or if you pop over to the WOJ POM gallery you can see all the POM (including previous months) all in one place.

***********
Right, that's me done for the day on the PC I think, as it's just too beautiful a day to be stuck inside and we all know this sort of weather just doesn't last long in UK so make the most of it whilst it's here!

Wishing you all a sunshiney day!


4 comments:

strawberry fields said...

Fabulous! Very elegant Fran
Fiona x

Jeanette said...

Fran, what a great idea! I love the armchair on the front and the charms....just set the tone for relaxation!
Really love it and thanks for sharing the link!
Hugs Jeanette

Kim said...

Fantastic Father's Day idea Fran! I love it!!! Awesome job!!!
Hugs~ Kim

My name is Wynneth said...

what a great project Fran, you've inspired me for Father's Day :0)

wynneth
x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin