Tuesday, 9 June 2009

WoJ - bundle of joy

O.K after 2 wedding cards it's time for a baby :) I've made a 'spring' card which has lots of folds so should qualify for the challenge over on Truly scrumptious.

I've used this adorable image from the new batch of WoJ baby releases which was just so pretty that I just had to add all the flowers and hearts around her, couldn't stop myself!
I used a pearlescent cardstock so it looks a bit dark in this top photo, whereas the photo below shows it more shimmery and the lighter shade that it is (but then you can't see the stamped sentiment in that photo so thought I'd put both on!)
Stash:

  • Images: Willow with baby (don't know the proper names for them yet!) and sentiment both Whiff of Joy stamps released June 14th
  • Colouring: Copics (just saw the news about the new light 0000 shades coming out soon- will definately be getting those as I use light shades to create my highlights and blend - hardly ever use my blender pen)
  • Paper: K& CO paper and white glitter paper as per my last card but mainly just the pink pearlescent cardstock which I folded into the spring shape - easy to do with a scorer and instructions can be found over on SCS.
  • Others: Martha stewart scallop border punch, heart punch, EK swirl punch and prima flowers with paper rose centres to finish

    Hope you're enjoying these previews as much as I am! Don't forget that there will be a few candies around - you just need to go visit all the DT's blogs (links in my sidebar) to find them. You can find mine at the top of my blog (please comment in the right place if you want to enter - have had a few stray ones!)
Thanks for dropping by. See you tomorrow for my ATC.


19 comments:

Sharon said...

This is adorable Fran. I love your colours and the new WOJ images are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for joining in our TS challenge.

papercraftsbyrach said...

gorgeous card sweetie, love the shape and design of this one. great colours and awesome colouring of her hair. lol @ your stray ones.. !!!
hugs rachxx

Caryn said...

Completley the most stunning card ever made!! Amazing.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card - beautiful colouring and love your colour choice

Thanks for joining us on TS


Dawn

Camilla said...

This is so stunning Fran! Love your card:) I think maybe this is my favourite image from the new collection... but it is hard to say, one day I think that -the other this;) But after seeing your card, I am in love!
Hugs, Camilla.

Beth said...

Aww, this is adorable! Such a sweet stamp and I love the shimmery papers! Thanks for joining the TS challenge!
Beth xx

Mina said...

oh wow Fran totally stunning card...your dark colours are beautiful I cant wait for these stamps to come out...thanks for joining in with the Truly scrumptious challenge xxx

muscade said...

I like it! I like the colors and the shining... Beautiful!

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Gorgeous spring card Fran, love how you've embellished it.
Hugs
Carole x

Tonya said...

Beautiful work! Your coloring is amazing!

Viv said...

Not only is your colouring amazing...your cutting out is bit special too! Dunno how yer do it wumman!!
Viv xx

daisy said...

she looks gorgeuse fran! love the card edges!

hugs
daisy

Tanya said...

That's awesome! What a great folding method, and a gorgeous card!!

Kim said...

Fran you have created another amazing beauty of a WOJ card! WOW I am in awe!!! So gorgeous hun!!!
Hugs~ Kim

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Oh wow what a stunning card Fran, this image is coloured so beautifully, and what lovely added detail, such a gorgeous card!! hugs Linda x

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

It is sensational love this card x

Linnie said...

just stunning i love the colours the image the layout everything
linniex

Naoual said...

WOW your colouring on this image is amazing! I love the way you coloured her hair, stunning!! Great job with the WOJ previews Fran, I'm loving those stamps, they are all gorgeous!

xx Naoual

Verda said...

What lovely projects and the stamp is beautiful.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin