Monday, 29 June 2009

WoJ Birthday news

Hello, what beautiful weather we're having here in the UK (just don't want it to get any hotter!) - hope you're managing to stay cool wherever you are. Personally, I think Wimbledon has jinxed it with their new roof over centre court - you can usually always tell it's Wimbledon fortnight as it tends to rain a bit, but not a drop so far LOL

Anyway, back to my card and some exciting news.
Whiff of Joy stamps is 1 year old (Can't believe I've been lucky enough to have been there from the start, it doesn't seem that long)! Katharina will be hosting a party on the 25th July, starting with a blog hop of the next new release. As well as the DT she will be picking 15 WoJ fans to take part in this blog hop. All you need to do, to be considered, is to take part in the sketch challenge over on Katharina's blog. For full details just click on the banner above.

My card is my take on the sketch set by Katharina
Here's another view of the front when closed
Stash:
  • Images: 'sitting willow' and 'sweet wishes' from WoJ Summer stamp kit. The flowers around circle edge are from PM set
  • Colouring: Copics. Masked Willow and sponged around her with distress inks to match the dp.
  • Papers: K & Co 'classic K Charlotte' and some teal cardstock for my cardbase. The wavy edge was cut with scissors (just used edge of a petite oval die to draw around to create the s shape)
  • Others: Blossom nestie to cut out image (just cut around Willow's legs and placed them over the die so that part doesn't get cut off when I ran it through my cuttlebug). Prima flowers, paper roses, raffia ribbon, MS butterfly punch, SU word window punch and flat backed pearls

Have a lovely evening, thanks for dropping by.


8 comments:

MichelleO said...

Oh wow, this is so pretty. love the shape of the front! The colors are great - and those flowers stunning!
HUGS
MichelleO

CraftyC said...

Wow Fran, that is a lovely card you have made. Glad your enjoying the sunshine, me to!!
Clairex

dawnmarieg said...

Oh Fran this is beautiful, I'm really loving the distress inks, think I'll have to purchase some. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Fran, love the cute image and your colouring and details are beautiful. Hugs Nikki x

Malin said...

Hello from a super hot and sunny Sweden, I hope you are well.

Beautiful card as always, and I have been very bad commenting your past work, they are also superb!

Have a nice day!
//Malin

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the flowers and gorgeous papers.
I think you jinxed Wimbledon cos they closed the roof yesterday.
luv
Debby

Daniela1975 said...

Hello,

those are beautiful works that I admire here kan.
I will now look more often.

Dear greetings from Germany-Danie

Kit said...

what a beautiful card Fran love those flowers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin