Sunday, 14 June 2009

WoJ and lil bit of crochet

Here's another cute WoJ wedding stamp, this one is the fab wedding carriage which just cries out for flower soft only I don't have the right shade of green so just used it for the bits of flowers and I also made my own little flower bouquet (top left) - supposed to look like Willow's just thrown it out as they head off to their honeymoon :)

Used the sketch over on WoJ for this one (but put my sentiment in bottom corner rather than top left as it didn't look right on mine).

Stash:
  • Images: 'wedding carriage' and sentiment both WoJ stamps now available here
  • Colouring: Copics. For the background I left the nestie on after cutting out and sponged distress ink in 'broken china' and 'dusty concord' around image to create the background. (I also cut the wheels of the carriage and placed above the nestie edge prior to running through cuttlebug so that it fits outside of the frame - probably not explaining very well but there are tutorials around if you need it. Think Katharina did one a while back)
  • DP: old Making Memories pad, 'Lauren'
  • Others: Lace, fuchsia flower soft (bit of green wire and florist tape to make mini bouquet), pearl brads, MS heart punch

***************

Cold's a bit better today but still not 100% so been taking it easy and been doing a bit more 'Amigurumi' crochet. I'm finding it very addictive as you basically only need to know how to do a double crochet stitch (or single crochet if you're American), so very easy. Here's a little bear I made (the fact his ears and limbs don't match in size doesn't really matter I hope LOL) I just stuck the bottle of stickles next to him so you'd get a sense of the dinky size that he is. He's a bit rough around the edges but I hope it just adds to his unique charm :)

I'm attempting to do a little hello kitty next, so will see how that turns out.



13 comments:

muscade said...

Wow! I like the card... and the Teddy Bear!

I like the flower bouquet in the corner of the card. Just too cute! Beautiful!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card Fran! I love the colors and the papers are so pretty!! Beautiful job with the flower soft and that bouquet is fabulous!!
Love your crocheting ~ I would be lucky to do a line of it!! (LOL) Can't wait to see the Hello Kitty ~ love her!!
Have a great Monday :)Kathy

Beth said...

Your card is beautiful, I love the edging you've given to the image. Such a cute little ted too!

Beth xx

Penni said...

What a beautiful card Fran. The flower soft works really well, and I love the sponging/distressing in the nestie shape.

Hugs
Penni
X

retiredheather said...

Great card. Love the way you did the flowers. What a cutie bear.
Hugs
Heather

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Wonderful card Fran, just perfect with the flower soft.
LOVE that cute bear...oh, I just need to make some! Do you have a link to the patterns?
Can't wait to see the hello kitty.
It's gone awfully dark here as I type and we've got heavy thunder...I'm expecting the rain any minute....it may go in your direction next!
Hugs
Carole x

Katarina said...

I love the little bear - what a cutie! It does give him personality. I want him!!! Think you should make more and sell on etsy :)
I also love your card - very different with the strong colours. Awesome.

crafty_pieces said...

Oh Fran, this card is simply stunning! I love the color and the flower soft. It's lovely.

Hugs,
Chelsea

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, that image is just crying out for flower soft. Love the cute crochet bear.
luv
Debby

craftyb said...

Gosh Fran you're really getting into this crocheting...this dinky ted is just adorable! bet that was fiddly to work with though with him being so itchy titchy!!

Love these new images from WOJ...think they're the best yet...love your creation with the happy couple! bx

Andrea said...

Wow! Such a beautiful card - I had those papers - sadly all gone! The image is lovely, and the way you have coloured it and used the flowersoft looks fantastic. What a brilliant idea about the bouquet too!

Andrea said...

Oh! I should have mentioned, your teddy is sooooooo cute! Well done!

Bev said...

What a fabulous card Fran, love what you've done with my sketch. Love the Ted too. Thanks so much for joining us at WOJ this week x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin