Wednesday, 3 June 2009

sweet 16

Oops, left this in my draft box and forgot to press 'publish' yesterday! So double post today. My ATC will be below this post.





















It's my niece's 16th birthday today (how time flies) and I knew I just had to make her birthday card with this Rakle stamp I won last week in one of their challenges (thanks Lisbet, it got here so quickly!).

It just reminds me of her - she is tall and thin and has a tiny little face like that (only prettier!) and I'm forever seeing her in vest tops and crop jeans. I've chosen colours that are more 'her' (very bright and wacky!) and put it all together to make a big A5 (half A4) card.

Stash:
  • Images: 'hanging out' Rakle stamp, Autumn leaves circle seal stamp
  • Colouring: Copics
  • Papers: Making Memories
  • Others: chipboard letters/shapes from an old QVC pack, pink pom pom trim.

Hope you're all continuing to enjoy this fabulous weather although it seems to have cooled a bit today. I've been making a few more crochet Amigurumi things (may post those later this week) and just had the best paper fix when my MME paper pads arrived (good old ebay!). Oooo, they are gorgeous (even if they are some of the 'older' ranges they are all new to me! Magnolia, Bohemia and Asparagus) These are the big 180 sheet pads so it's paper weight - great for keeping the bulk down when I want to do lots of layers to my cards and so much of it I'm not going to get precious and hoard it for ages before using LOL. So watch out - may see lots of MME papers on my cards soon if I can decide what to use first!



1 comment:

Kim said...

Beautiful card Fran! Your niece is going to love it! Fantastic colors!
Hugs~ Kim

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin