Friday, 5 June 2009

Sugarbowl #12

Here's my entry for this week's sugarbowl #12 (which I intended to do to Kathy's sketch #11 but when I went to check saw that I was too late for that one -thought I had plenty of time, how can 2 weeks go by so quickly?!!! sorry Kathy :( wanted to join in your first sketch too )

Anyway, this week's is similar so I tweaked it to the correct layout and thought I'd enter before the 2 weeks go by without me noticing again! Wanted a more tactile/washed out look to my image to tie in with the overall shabby look, so went for watercolour paper and distress inks and gave my Copics a break. Think I've covered the extra option of using blue & green too (card base and swirl is a teal blue)

Stash:
  • Image: 'stitch' by Leann Ellis, Sugar Nellie stamp
  • Colouring: stamped with Versafine onto watercolour card and used distress inks to colour
  • Paper: MME 'wild asparagus' paper pad - love the vintage/distress look to these.
  • Others: distress tool and 'pinking' craft scissors for paper edges, faux stitching with white gel pen, strip of canvas fabric (wrote on a tiny piece for the sentiment), sewed the buttons on, ribbon and swirl punch to finish

That's all for now! I won't be posting again until late Sun/Mon as I'm working and what crafting I will be doing I can't show you till then.

Have a lovely weekend.


8 comments:

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Fran, love the effect you've created with the distress inks and what fab papers! Have a great weekend
Clairex

Kim said...

Fran that is super adorable! LOVE those papers! After hearing you just got some new MME papers I had to go and buy some too! LOL thanks for enabling...I've been eyeing up them for a long time! :) Great work hun!
Hugs~ Kim

Kathy said...

Fran this is sew cute!! (Couldn't help myself sorry!) But it is! This image is adorable and your sentiment of course is just perfect for it!! Your strip of canvas is brilliant too!!
Don't worry about not doing my first sketch ~ I know how the weeks fly by!! But look how much you are ahead this time!!!
Have a great week-end :)Kathy

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Gorgeous card Fran, love the buttons and wonderful colouring.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Carole x

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute colored image and your DP looked pretty yummy too. Wonderful job!
Hugs,
Cabio

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Wow, this is absolutely amazing - I love it !
Why not enter your creation on Simon Says
Challenge this week ? http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/
There is a fabby prize of a $25 spending spree in the SSS store and also
a SIGNED piece of artwork by Tim Holtz ! Hope you can join us !
Jo x

nessy said...

this is just so gorgeous fran ~love the papers and that sweet image ~ adorable detail
vanessa xx

Patricia said...

Lovely card, love the colors and the image!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin