Thursday, 18 June 2009

CCT - tag

CCT wants to see tags this week - so it could be a tag card or just a tag somewhere on your card. I went for the easy option and used a tag and thought I'd use a Sarah Kay image which I haven't used for a very long time (this one is the first time it's been inked!).
As the image is farmy/rustic I chose papers and fibres to keep to that feel. The papers were actually meant to be the other way round - the big background piece was supposed to be the pink side and the strip behind her should have been yellow but I stuck the scalloped borders to the wrong side of that piece (obviously still wasn't 100% - no that isn't normal !) so I had to flip them - joys of double sided papers, easy to make mistakes but also easily rectified :)
Stash:
  • Images: 'country girl' Sarah Kay stamp, sentiment is a Magnolia stamp (do love the sentiments they do now - love the fonts they use)
  • Colouring: Copics and yse, been doing that sponging thing with my distress inks again for the background - think it's out of my system now LOL
  • Papers: K & Co 'wild raspberry' pad, the tag is from matching tag pad
  • Others: labels nesties (can never remember what number the sets are) just used technique to cut around her head and traced around the nestie to get the larger brown mat (which is scrap piece of packaging I saved as it has lovely wood grain effect pattern printed on it), raffia ribbon, paper twine, roses, Fiskars apron lace border punch and MS branch punch.

Right, need to go get my haircut today (nothing major, it's always some sort of a mid length bob which ends up growing out until I can't ignore it anymore and it needs another prune) and think about what I need for next week's little jaunt to Paris.

Sorry not been blog hopping recently but haven't been in the mood what with my cold but feel better today so will try and come say hello later tonight.

Have a lovely day, even if the weather's miserable like it is here!


12 comments:

Caryn said...

I do that kind of thing all the time Fran - you would never know with your card though - looks perfect!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

kaylou said...

Hi Fran

this is gorgeous love the mix of papers...fab
hugs Kaylou xoxo

muscade said...

I like the rustic side of your card. It is perfect! I think the balance is well respected among all elements of the card. Great!

Dianne said...

This card is beautiful! I love the papers and your coloring is perfect. I have adored the image for a long time. You make it come to life.

My Paper Hugs

Swaantje said...

Beautiful card, the papers are wonderful.
Gorgeous colours and I love the image you have used.

Have a good day
Hugs
Swaani

Pinkllilac said...

Beautifu card Fran and I love the image and the colours you have used.
Hugs Linda

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous Fran, love these papers and the colours you've used!
Hope you fel better soon!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

Viv said...

Shouldn't have owned up Fran! Looks perfect to me. Glad your feeling better. Nearly spit me tea out when I got your comment! LOL
Bon Soir!!!!
Viv xx

MichelleO said...

Really pretty.. and I just love how you fixed your boo boo and then told us ;0) I feel so much better about myself - LOL

HUGS
MichelleO

Rach said...

this is gorgeous Fran, love the bright colours and your gorgeous colouring, hope you cold goes soon.. hugs rachxx

Andrea, said...

Oh this is wonderful Fran, the colours and papers are gorgeous and perfect with the image. Have a great break in Paris

stephanne said...

Oh yes, gorgeousness. Your cards are all so beautiful and your colouring is sublime.
Stephanne

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin