Thursday, 11 June 2009

CCT quote with WoJ baby preview

CCT wants to see quotes on your cards this week.

I've chosen one of the fab little quotes you get in the babies sentiment set from WoJ and teamed it with this beautiful pregnant Willow stamp and the little floral swing again (release date this Sun, 14th). She looked so elegant that I had to paperpierce her a shimmery frock! Also thought I'd give her a different hair colour to my usual black, so today, she's got lovely deep rich auburn locks! Sorry for the poor photo but lighting was terrible when I took it yesterday (where's the sunlight/summer gone?!)Used a ready embossed cardblank with the word 'baby' all over it so no patterned papers needed for this. Just chose this lovely pale aqua/mint pearlescent cardstockas there's flashes of that colour in the glitter of her dress and used that as my accent colour to mat my central image and the quote - all cut with nesties (My image was cut using the largest nestie die so to create the bigger blue mat behind it I just traced around the largest die and cut it out by hand).

Again, was supposed to be simple but just couldn't stop myself from adding some roses and embellies! Dodgy photo means I've not captured the sparkle in her dress and the fact that I've decoupaged her head and 2 arms (one of which went walkabout and I nearly lost it LOL).

Photo below can just about see the 3D-ness (just made that word up) of it all. I've given her liquid pearl necklace and ring too in mint green (that stuff is fab, I've had these bottles for years and they haven't dried or clogged!)
Ooo, just realised I can enter this into this week's ABC challenge of R for roses :) too.

Stash

  • Images: pregnant Willow, swing and quote all from the upcoming new Whiff of Joy release, 'Women's delight' by Elisabeth Bell
  • Colouring: dress is paper pierced, rest is Copics and stickles on the roses, liquid pearls for her necklace and ring
  • Others: embossed cardblank, glitter paper and blue cardstock, 'blossom' nesties, MS frond leaf punch, prima flowers, paper roses, ribbon. Teddy metal charm (which I forgot I had until I went to get some out for my candy!) and heart pearl charm crocheted together on a chain with a little leaf on the end which I then attached to card with hear brad.

I liked how this turned out and so did hubby which is unusual as these ones aren't usually his cup of tea.

Thanks for stopping by and for all the lovely comments about my cards and colouring this week too - always makes me happy to read them and much appreciated.


17 comments:

Zarah said...

Oh my goodness... That's amazing!! Love the muted colours and the richness of her hair and the flowers. It's so elegant!!

Caroline said...

Wow! Fran what a stunner this is. Love your colours and I adore that sweet image. Caroline x

Viv said...

Fran.....this is just the prettiest ever card!!! It's absolutely gorgeous!
Viv xx

Shary said...

Absolutely beautiful Fran. Your colouring is superb.

stampingheaven said...

Oh my word Fran this is a breathtaking creation love how you have used the DCWV embossed card. Stunning!!!!!

Faerielore said...

OMG how stuning is this card, love all that sparkle

Joyce said...

What a beautiful card. You've done real good on this one.

Bogner's said...

I LOVE how the dress shimmers. SO pretty.

daisy said...

she looks stunning fran! love the way you made here dress sparkle!

hugs
daisy

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

This is fantastic I adore the mint green such an unusual colour that I have not seen on a card before. Love this and the flowers are fantastic. thank you for joining us on abc this week.
hugs Vicky, hope all is well with you.

ps I need to get this image for my sisters birthday card as she is 23 weeks pregnant and she will adore this - really scared with how lovely they are that they will be sold out before I can buy them as I go on holiday on saturday :-(

Tanya said...

This is sooooo lovely!!!

Kim said...

Oh my WORD Fran! That is AMAZING! What a splendid work of art! That card is beyond stunning hun!!! I am in love so much with it and I love love love her hair color! GREAT work!!!
Hugs~ Kim

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, adore the new images and fabulous roses.
luv
Debby

Nicola said...

his card is gorgeous. I am so in love with that swing. I can't wait for this release.

Hugs
Nic

Helen said...

Beautiful card Fran - love everything about it!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Jane Carroll said...

great job

thanks for joining us this week on ABC :)

Hugs Jane x

Eva said...

Oh wow, this is amazing! Lovely colors and great layout!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin