Thursday, 4 June 2009

CCT 'nip & punch': gift card holder

CCT this week want's a 'nip & punch' so time to get those punches and die cuts out. Prize this week is sponsored by Short Cuts and all the DT were given some of their products to make this week's card. So I used their gift card holder inside one of their frosted card blanks to make this (prepare yourself, although I did use some rubber stamps, there's minimal 'colouring' and no main stamped image - I know it all felt very alien to me putting this together!) . .

I was struggling for time last night and as the theme was die cuts I thought I'd had a 'Eureka' moment by choosing to use die cuts for my focal images and it would save time - pah, was it heck! Now I know why I don't use my dies that often - much too fiddly for me to cut out all the bits in the right colours and them stick them all together, give me a stamped image to colour any day LOL


Anyway, apart from the fiddly process of assembling my die cut 'choclates' (sizzix die set), the rest of the card itself was lovely and quick to put together, I just stamped some cherries (part of a woodware 'ice cream parfait' clear stamp set) all over the frosted cardblank with Staz On ink then coloured those in with my Copics and the gift card holder inside was all precut so was just case of sticking and adding to the inside. Added sentiment (from the same ice cream set), cut with nesties circle dies and matted with red gingham glitter card (thought it looked like tablecloth) before arranging all my chocs around it. Then as the acetate is lovely and thick I punched hole with cropodile, added eyelets and tied with ribbon to keep it closed. Also added strip of the gingham glitter card on the back to hide the tape marks. Here's view of inside where the gift card/money goes (the red bit you can see - it was late and I didn't have a proper card or money to pop in there to photo).

It's a bit different to what I normally make, but I quite like the result, hope you do too.

Thanks for popping by, have a lovely Thursday!

9 comments:

Caryn said...

Oh Fran, it was worth it. Love the choccies and the dipped strawberry - yum!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

MichelleO said...

May have been lots of pieces but WOW so worth it - yummy enough to eat! Really wonderful card!
HUGS
MichelleO

Samantha Mellor said...

Another lovely card.
Just for You.
Hugs SamXX

Kathy said...

Does it surprise you that I feel the same way you do about diecuts?? (LOL) I have a tough time placing them as well!! This though I think is so pretty!! Love all your candies and that inside is neat!!
Have a great week-end :)Kathy

Denise said...

Very cute! Love the paper & chocolates!

Andrea, said...

Oh this is fab Fran, I love all the choccies!

CraftyC said...

This is adorable Fran, a great make!
Clairex

Kim said...

Fran this is so adorable I love how it turned out!!! Great card...yum yum!
Hugs~ Kim

anywhere_Smile said...

Now that we have described discount links of london the one way linking process, how can you get links of london silver websites to link just to you? One answer is that it is links of london sale dependent on your sites content, especially if you links london jewellery have unique content. Other websites will link cheap links of london to you if you have interesting content that links london bracelet compliments their content. The problem is that you london links charms really have to have something exceptional. links of london watches sale One easy way to get a type of one way link called discount links of london rings a back-link. These are links to articles that you cheap links of london necklaces have written and distributed through article directories.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin