Sunday, 17 May 2009

WoJ Summer Kit - 'sweet wishes'

Hello! I know I said I wouldn't be posting till tomorrow but because Katharina has been super efficient, lots of people have already started receiving their WoJ Summer Kits. Which means we've been given the o.k to start showing them - yeah! I can't tell you how much I love this set, love every single item on it.

So if you've ordered and haven't got it yet and don't want to spoil the surprise look away now! Otherwise, just look at this beauty! Although be warned, I used some really zingy bright papers (to help make up for this dull, wet windy & dreary weather here. It's currently raining, . again!)

I used papers from DCWV's 'Citrus stack' which have some gorgeous glitterey papers in it (if you click on photo might be able to see the glitter better) and I thought the colours were very apt for all the fruity images you get on the clothes in this kit. Even though I usually love my more muted tones I do love a burst of colour every now and again! The glitter paper means I can enter this into this week's 'Secret Crafter' challenge :)

Don't you just love that tree? Not sure if it's supposed to be an orange or apple tree but I think you could make it into either. I just love it and think it would look great on it's own but I thought this Melinda here looked like she was enjoying the smell from it so stamped them together before I carefully cut out with a 'Labels 3' nesties die. Here's a close up. I used my Copics plus some twinkling h2o's for added shimmer.

For those eagle eyed amongst you, the extra leaf falling down is not part of the original image but I managed to get a tiny black mark on my work right at the end and there was no way I was throwing it away so stamped out leaf from the tree, cut it out and stuck it over the mark ;)

Stash:
  • Images: Melinda, tree and sentiment all from WoJ summer kit but if you didn't order they will be available individually soon (will let you know when I know)
  • Papers: DCWV 'Citrus stack'
  • Colouring: Copics with some twinkling H2os
  • Others: 'Labels 3' nestie, EK success parisian edger punch, flourish punch, SU word window punch, rafia ribbon and brad.

Wow, in the space of typing this it has gone from light rain to bucketing it down now! Looks like day for staying in and stamping :)

Have a lovely Sunday and I'll be back with more previews all this week. You can also check out the rest of the DT's amazing work either in the WoJ gallery here or blog links are over on the right.





18 comments:

Beth said...

Such a bright and gorgeous card Fran! I love the stamp - especially the little tree! I hope you're enjoying the weekend!
Beth xx

Jeanette said...

Hey Fran...were we channeling each other? That is so funny that we used the same two images together...I love the bright colors and I love the little leaf drifting down....thought you did it on purpose!
Hugs Jeanette

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Wow Fran, this card is just stunning...fabulous colouring and what perfect papers!
I tried to resist looking because my WOJ stamps haven't arrived yet...but I've just go no willpower...LOL.
You've made some beautiful cards...the Magnolia calendar is fantastic!
We've had rain on and off all day here too...looking like it might brighten up now.
Have a good week.
Hugs
Carole x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Fran, I'm loving these now WOF images so adorable, beautiful DP, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

Riet said...

ohh wowww Fran,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Jane Carroll said...

great job

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Caryn said...

Oh this just jumped right out at me from my sidebar Fran! I LOVE the zingy colours and the fruity papers - very fresh indeed.

We had a double first communion/christeneing day today and I have to say were VERY lucky with the weather. It poured when we were in church then the sun shone all afternoon until it was time to round it up then it rained again! Am jiggered now though.

hugs,
Caryn xxx

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Such a gorgeous card Fran and the image is so sweet, Beautiful colouring as always, Oh I love this paper.. I have it arriving tomorrow and can't wait to use it. Big Hugs, Nikki x

Andrea, said...

Oh this is gorgeous Fran, I love the colours and the image is so pretty

All Pink girl said...

Stunning card babe xxxx beautiful colouring
hugs Dawnxxx
Just stopping by to tell you about the exciting new Challenge blog that has just been announced, packed with fresh creative ideas, to be run by myself and Ann (madgesty loves to create). Please stop by the link below and check out the brilliant blog candy on offer and how you can become involved. See you there xxx
The Next Level.

Kim said...

Fran this is beautiful! I love the bright colors! I just got my summer kit this weekend and as soon as I opened it that is the same paper I thought of using! :) Great minds thinks a like! Beautiful work darling!!! And I am in LOVE with that punch you used....now I got a new one to get on my next shopping excursion! :)
Hugs~ Kim

Viv said...

Perfect Fran. Love the bright and vivid colours.
Viv xx

Annie said...

she is gorgeous Fran! love the bright citrus colours and that cute tree! now where is my postman with my package .. .. hugs, annie x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the new WOJ can't wait till mine come must be one of the few who haven't received theirs. Did chuckle at the extra leaf, mine you sometimes I need the whole tree.
luv
Debby

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Fran lovely stamp. remember, crafts dont make mistakes, only happy accidents LOL. And thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC!
Clairex

Lilian said...

Gorgeous card and coloring Fran! I can't wait to use my stamps. Have a great day!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card, I love the glitter.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
Cathy xx

TaraG said...

So summery and pretty! Such great colours and papers and Willow is stunning!
hugs,t

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin