Tuesday, 26 May 2009

WoJ SOA challenge & PTW

As mentioned in an earlier post WoJ is sponsoring the Stampin Out Alzheimer's event. (you will need to make a small donation before you can access the site) Different companies are running various challenges with lots of fab prizes on offer.

WoJ's is to make a post it note holder and one lucky winner will win the complete summer kit stamps. For Jacqui's tutorial on her post it note holder and to take part you need to go here

I didn't have any square post its to hand (just some shaped ones) but remember seeing some cute mini post it note holders last year using book rings and it's been on my list of things to try so thought this was perfect time to make one. Mine's even easier as I've just made a cover to go over my heart shaped post it notes.

I've just traced and cut out shape onto piece of scrap dp (this was thick like card but if you have paper just stick it onto card first)to make my cover then put them all together to cut a hole through it all with my cropodile. Then you just decorate your little cover before adding your book ring to finish.

Just had a look over on PTW and see that it's 'using up scraps' this week so I can put this in (and Steph has made a fab little post it holder too - spooky!)

Stash:
  • Images: 'sitting summer Willow' WoJ stamp (was summer stamp kit, now available individually)
  • Colouring: Copics
  • Others: heart shaped post it notes, scrap card/dp for the cover, metal book ring and cropodile to make the hole. Embellishments to finish (I've used heart eyelet to reinforce hole in cover, flourish punch, flowers & brads, metal charm and ribbons)
***************
Been good day today - not only did my Greeting Farm stamps land on my door today but I also found out I won the Scrapmagasinet challenge so just need to go spend my voucher now :)
I've also been trying a bit of crochet for fun over the weekend and will show you my first attempt at something other than flowers (which is all I've done up to now) later, once I've taken a photo of it.
Until then, have a good evening.



5 comments:

My Little Space said...

This is lovely Fran, glad you enjoyed the challenge.

Mandy

steph said...

lol Great minds......!! Yours is very elegant! Love the heart shape too! Thanks for joining us for the challenge!

jem said...

So fab. I've ordered some whiff of joy stamps this included, I cant wait till they come. janex

Kim said...

What a beautiful post it note holder! That is gorgeous!!! I absolutely LOVE it!
Hugs~ Kim

Andrea said...

Wow! that is a gorgeous post-it note holder - love the heart shape and the colours. And what a brilliant idea to use a book ring.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin