Tuesday, 12 May 2009

WoJ & secret crafter: notebook for recipes

Hello! It was such a beautiful day yesterday so made the most of it and enjoyed the sunshine via a trip to my nearest Range ;) where I picked up all the gorgeous new DCWV papers which I have been waiting for. One of them was the yummy 'Nana's kitchen' which are lovely summery colours and I knew the patterns would go perfectly with all my foody/kitchen type images.

So today, I decided to ink up 1 of my older, neglected WoJ stamps and used the fab sketch by Katharina over on WoJ challenges . I wanted to make a notebook as I thought the layout was perfect for the cover so I very quickly and simply made one using A4 papers cut in half and bound it all with my Bind it All - easy! I've also used some brads on the front and eyelets on the tabs inside the book so I can enter this into this week's secret crafter too!
I've tried to take photos to show all angles so you can see the glitter on the paper, the tabs inside etc but I just can't get the lighting right - sorry! This second photo is most like the real colours (soft pastels) and the cover is actual a dark chocolate colour not black!
You can get better view of photos if you click on them. Did my usual 'couldn't stop adding' so the ribbons down the side may or may not stay as it's probably a bit fussy for a recipe book!
Stash:
  • Images: 'Melinda helping angel' WoJ stamp. Text printed off pc
  • Colouring: Copics. Edges of papers inked with 'antique linen' distress inks
  • Papers: DCWV 'nana's kitchen' mat stack and some matching blue gingham glitter card I found amongst my stash
  • Others: Notebook made with BIA and sheets of A4 cut in half. 'labels 4' nesties and various border punches used. Flower made with EK retro flower punch and circle punches with paper string added. Brads & ribbons to finish. Inside pages sectioned off using SU tab punch and attached with eyelets.

Hope you like it.

Have a lovely evening.



10 comments:

CraftyC said...

Wow Fran, this is gorgeous, what a great idea. Please dont take the ribbon off, I think it really makes a difference, and thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC!
Clairexx

Rach said...

This is fabulous Fran, what a wonderful idea.. xx

Camilla said...

Stunning work!! I love your recipes book!!
Hugs, Camilla.

Caryn said...

Fran that is a real work of art. I think the ribbon look perfect too.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Alison said...

Lovely book- the papers and image are perfect and it is always nice to make something which doesn't get given away once in a while!

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

wow this is fantastic i know whomever you will give this too (even if you keep it for yourself) will eb over the moon with it, and what yummy papers - the image is coloured beautifully too x

Riet said...

Wowwww Fran,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.
So beautiful papers.

Hugs Riet.x

dawnmarieg said...

Hi Fran, your recipie book is beautiful, love these WOJ stamps, they are gorgeous. Love the ribbons down the side, I think you should keep them. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Jill said...

gorgeous recipie book Fran, those papers are perfect with that image, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

Jane Carroll said...

great job

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin