Wednesday, 20 May 2009

T&F ATC: create your own background

It's Wed which means ATC day. This week we would like you to create your own backgrounds. I didn't have much time but as it's such a small area it didn't take me long! Here's my finished ATC:

I just used some various flower stamps and distress inks to create my background. Then thought Geisha Anya looked pretty against it so just coloured her in with Copics to match with a little bit of Sakura clear stardust pen for added shimmer. Added scrap piece of pink cardstock to frame it all and 2 black pearls to finish.

Anya kinda hides most of the background anyway but here it is before I stuck it all together.

The flowers are from a Making Memories clear stamp set that caught my eye when I was in Hobbycraft the other month then I just sponged more distress ink all over by masking sections with a bit of torn paper.

I'm really happy how it turned out considering I made this just before I went to bed last night and only took 30mins max! So hope you can join in as it doesn't have to take long :)

Have a lovely day, see you tomorrow for CCT (which I am struggling with, can't believe I don't have something suitable for the theme - will have to have a little think or else fudge it slightly!)


8 comments:

Kim said...

Fran this is GORGEOUS!!!! Your created background in awesome and it looks like it took all day to make (hard to believe you made it all in under 30 mins)! Great work my dear friend!
Hugs~ Kim

stampingheaven said...

This is brill Fran, love your background. Fab ATC.

CraftyC said...

Absolutely gorgeous Fran, a great background and perfect image!
Clairexx

CraftyC said...

Absolutely gorgeous Fran, a great background and perfect image!
Clairexx

Viv said...

I'm not worthy!

Malin said...

Good morning from a sunny Sweden, such a beautiful ATC.. love it.

Hope you are well, still no time for me infront of the craft table and the computer, but hopefully I will find some time really soon.

Have a nice day

//Malin

Carole said...

Fabulous background Fran and a wonderful ATC...your colouring is beautiful.
Hugs
Carole x

Steph said...

Wow, fab background, I thought it was paper!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin