Sunday, 31 May 2009

Sunshine (and an apple) . . .

. . . glorious sunshine. Hasn't the weather been fabulous? Such a shame I was working for the bulk of it but have made up for it today. So the only card I've made was this one which I knocked up last night after work (I like to craft late at night, thank goodness for daylight bulbs - be lost without mine). Finally inked up one of my Miss Anyas 'rain, snow,shine' set (had to be the shine one obviously) and even she wanted a little bit of sunshine and was photographed outside!
I've used a few challenges; the sketch over on Friday sketchers, colours lemon, pink sorbet and choc for colour create, pearls for ABC challenge and lace for spoonful sugar. I'm sure there was a challenge for flowers too but I can't remember where I saw that, so will leave it!


Stash:

  • Images: Miss anya from 'snow,rain, shine' set, Greeting Farm. 'sunshine' is an imaginisce snag'em stamp
  • Colouring: Miss Anya stamped with black memento ink and coloured with Copics. Added stardust pens to rims of her glasses and glaze pen over the glass. Edges of the image was inked with yellow chalk ink whilst the nestie die was still on so you get the white border when you take it off - wanted it to look like she was basking in sunshine.
  • DP: K & Co wild raspberry. The butterfly was part of the dp hidden behind her which I thought was a shame so I cut it out and made a little 3d embellie from it (just curved it, inked edges, added metal antenae and pearls before popping it on with 3d foam)
  • Others: lace, flowers, pearls, gems, MS border punch and faux stitching

******************

Whilst outside enjoying the sun I've made my first little Amigurumi stuffed toy. It's either Rosie or Adam (. . Apple, haha, get it?!) can't decide if it's a boy or girl yet . . .

It's only my 2nd attempt at the old crochet so is very simple but I think it turned out cute (he/she's only about 2.5 inches tall). I got the pattern from here (free, just need to register) and I adapted it by making my own stalk and added eyes and a mouth! Hubby reckons I should have put the eyes higher up but I thought it looked cute where it was, what do you think?

Have a good evening.


10 comments:

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Your card is gorgeous Fran and love the image and all the pretty details. Your crochet sure looks fun too, Have a great evening, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Helen said...

Fabulous card Fran - love the butterfly...definitely worth bringing him out of hiding!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

PS - your apple is soooo sweet too!

Miss Natz said...

Gorgeous little apple, and love the card :)

CraftyC said...

Your card is beautiful Fran and as for your little fella, brillaint second attempt. Would love to learn to crochet but wouldn't know where to start.
Clairex

Leslie said...

Your card is precious. As for the apple - definitely Adam!

debby4000 said...

Oh you card is gorgeous, wonderful colours and stunning Miss Anya. Cute apple pretty sure its an Adam
luv
Debby

Kim Dellow said...

Cute, Cute Cute fran, the card is gorgeous as always and the apple is fantastic :) Love it. Kim

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Fabulous card Fran, a beautiful Miss Anya with perfect accents.
Love your apple...I'm cerain it's a Rosie...must check out the patterns...but still haven't got around to making crochet flowers yet..even though I've got all the stuff...lol!
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Have a wonderful day, enjoy the sun!
Hugs
Carole x

craftyb said...

Sorry Fran, I called it a strawberry earlier (but had scrolled through quickly!) still darn cute though!! bx

stampingheaven said...

Stunning card as always Fran, love it. i would say def a Rosie. Fab creation too. Thanks for joining in the fun with ABC!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin