Friday, 29 May 2009

Stamp with Fun & WoJ

Weather's been absolutely gorgeous but did manage to make this last night. The layout is from Nikki's sketch over on 'Stamp with Fun' and the colour combo of blue & brown over on WoJ (o.k with a bit of green as well but it's a blue-green!). Love this Oakley, don't you think his hat is so cute and the sign is blank so you can put whatever message you want in it. Mine is from a Greeting Farm set. As for the WoJ ice cream - yum! I've used it to stamp all over the blue cardstock with a dazzle versamark pad, think you can just about see bits of it and then cut out and coloured 3 to use as my emebellishments rather than flowers (masked and stamped 2 together to go in the top corner and then a single one bottom right).

Stash:
  • Images: 'Oakley with wooden sign' WoJ stamp (he comes with sentiment 'my sweet friend' but not used it on this card). 'Your day' from Greeting farm set and 'sending you hugs' from PM clear sentiment set
  • Colouring: Copics plus stickles over the ice creams
  • Paper: gorgeous glittery stripe paper from MME 'laundry line' stack I've only just plucked up courage to cut into (why is that, even though it's a 180pg pad so heaps of the stuff that I'll probably never finish I feel like I need to savour it LOL)
  • Others: 'Labels four' nesties, rafia ribbon, spotty ribbon, SU word window punch and 4 mini brads

***********

It's another lovely day today but it also looks like the dreaded hayfever season has started for me - itchy and sniffling as I type waiting for the tablet to kick in. Luckily I only seem to have allergy to certain types and seems to be whatever it is that pollinates early on in the season (trees I think) so just wish they hurry up and get it over with :/. Right, off to do a bit more crochet (think you may be seeing some more cute crochet things on my blog soon now that I've discovered a whole new cute world of Amigurumi patterns - Japanese craze of making little stuffed crochet toys and things - totally useless but very cute and I think can become very addictive as it's nice and simple and quick).

Enjoy the sunshine whereever you are!

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Yes I agree he is adorable and with your coloring he is that much cuter!! Great colors and love your ice cream embellies!! Looks fabulous!
Send some of that weather my way!! Last week was gorgeous and I got a little tan on the front of me and was going to work on my back (for the wedding) but it has rained all week!!! (Hence the reason I got so many cards done!) I am going to have to keep my back to the wall! (LOL)
Have a great week-end :)Kathy

megastamper said...

oh fran, your card is really fantastic and so wonderful. it looks so pretty and awesome.
have a nice weekend. hugs, bea

strawberry fields said...

gorgeous card
fiona x

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Fran, love everything about this card!
Clairexx

WeirdCat said...

Lovely, I have him stamped and ready to go

Mich said...

Gorgeous card this is !!

Malin said...

Hi from a sunny Sweden, I was just looking at all stunning creations you have made since my last visit. Beautiful as always.

//Malin

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Fran, love the cute image and all the wonderful detail. Hugs Nikki x

Mona said...

Hi,
so wonderful your card.
Thanks for joining us this week
Hugs Mona
swf-team

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin