Friday, 15 May 2009

Something "arty" for the weekend - 'Wish'

Fancied doing something a little bit 'arty' and my Leann Ellis stamps have been waiting patiently to be inked up (had them since they were first released, so about time don't you think?!). Well Marlene's fab sketch over on sugar bowl this week was just perfect for this stamp. Used some gorgeous papers from the 'La creme' DCWV stack (sooo elegant this pad) and played with some UTEE to get the cracked glass effect.
Image coloured with Copics (didn't take long!) then inked edges with antique linen before I used a Versamark 'Frost' dazzle pad (rather than the normal versamark) to swipe all over the image before adding my UTEE and melted it. I love how it gives it that shimmery effect. I then just added a bit of gold glamour dust around the edges after I melted the final UTEE layer before it dried. Just bent it after it was all dried to get the cracks (took a few attempts, first few were too much - good thing you can melt it and try again!)
Embossed and sanded piece of black card to mat image with and also to make the flower with a EK Retro punch (just adapted the black one to mimic shape of flower in dp), added a felt brad and to fulfill the 'extra option' of the challenge, a button in the corner.
That's my lot until Monday now, as I'm working on a few things but can't show till then! Have a lovely weekend and hopefully see you Monday (for some previews of . .?! Clue: sniff of summer! )




13 comments:

Kim Dellow said...

Oh Wow Fran, That is such a wonderful card. Lovely. Kim

Kathy said...

Wow this is gorgeous Fran!! I love this paper!! (Just got some like it but from K & Co.) Love the cracked glass look of your main image and the glitter looks cool! I will have to try that one out!! Have fun playing with your stamps ~ can't wait to get mine! Have a great week-end :)Kathy

CraftyC said...

This is stunning Fran, your done a grand job there! Love the gorgeous colours and what you've done iwth the stamp!
Clairex

Malin said...

Hello!
Beautiful card as always, and I have load voices even if I don´t do any crafting at the moment...
I have bought all the new cute Hänglar...

Have a nice weekend,

//Malin

Caryn said...

That is sooo elegant and very arty! I really love that crackled effect. What a clever little thing you are!!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

crafty_pieces said...

Hi, I've been a fan of your work for a very very long time! :) and had to add you on my fav list.

Your cards are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your creation!
:)Chelsea

Deb said...

just beautiful Fran, my fave of Leanns images!
Have a great weekend! Debx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love the cracked glass perfect for the vintage colours and look.
luv
Debby

Artyjen said...

Beautiful.......love everything about it.
xoxo

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Fran,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

fairymadjo said...

wow gorgeous hun

mar1ene said...

Wowza Fran.. stunning creation and fab take on the sketch :)
I've got those papers too [look out for the next SB challenge] aren't they just the most loveliest to the touch??

Hugs, Marlene x

Kim said...

This is gorgeous!!!! And that flower is amazing!!!! It's so beautiful hun!!!!! Gorgeous, Stunning, Amazing! Love the utee and the dazzle versamark for the background is so pretty! And all your Anyas below are so so so pretty! Great work hun!!!!
Hugs~ Kim

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin