Thursday, 21 May 2009

CCT/Scrapmagasineet/Spoonful: 'knock out day'

Morning! CCT this week wants a sporting theme and at first I was a bit stumped. Then realised I did have some just not what first crosses my mind when you say 'sports' (like fishing, skating, karate, dance etc) but didn't fancy using those or else my DT teamies had already used it. Then, after reading Nikki's post about taking part in the Scrapmagasinet challenge realised I had this fab little boxer Rakle stamp (stamps are from Norway and I've had them for over a year so must use them more!) and hey presto, I've killed 3 birds with 1 stone.

So here is my CCT sporting theme card, using a Rakle stamp and sketch for the Scrapmagasinet challenge and as it's a birthday card I can enter it for this week's Spoonful challenge - Happy 1st Birthday (realised I won their first candy on that, wonder if I can do it again for their second year?!)

Stash:

  • Image: 'Rakle Bokser' Scrapmagasinet stamp (store in my sidebar).
  • Colouring: Copics with a bit of Sakura stardust pen on her top and hairbands. Glossy accents to give her shiny boxing gloves
  • DP: DCWV 'green stack'
  • Others: 'Peony' Nesties (thought they looked like a 'POW' shape IYKWIM to go with the boxing theme?), Sizzlet happy birthday die and sparkle die, ATB tapewriter and white gel pen doodles around edges.

*****************

I'm off to see what's over at The Greeting Farm's monthly Farmer's market and what the lovely new Elzybells release are like, then off to do some more DT cards for WoJ and hopefully catch up with some blogs later. Oh, also need to find somewhere we (me & hubby) can go to for a 3night mini break next month (only time away/holiday we'll get - downside to being self employed). Nothing too far or expensive. Was thinking Paris (we've already done Barcelona, Amsterdam, Rome, Venice & Brussels). Or else somewhere in UK or Ireland. Any suggestions? Have a lovely Thursday.


12 comments:

Caryn said...

Hey well done on getting all those challenges covered - very economical in this time of recession! lol. Great card too.

As for a getaway - I love the Lakes!! Not very far but absolutley stunning and there are some amazing places to stay. Not sure where I'd go further afield. Probably Paris or Bercelona!! Sorry - no helpat all am I?

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Deb said...

Fabulous card, cute image and so perfect for this theme, love the sentiment too!

I would go for Paris, very romantic, or one of the Italian cities!

Have a great day, Debx

MichelleO said...

Wow a "three punch" card! LOL sorry had to do it! Really a great card and fabulous it fit so many places!

WOW sounds like you have been some great places... where ever you end up just getting away would be a dream! (don't get to do that with all of the animals...) someday sigh!

HUGS
MichelleO

Heather said...

Way to go 3 for 1!! Love your beautiful card! Thanks for taking the time to join our challenge!! Good Luck!!!

Kim said...

Fran what a fabulous card hun! I love it! Love those nesties!!! Great job on the challenge! Have a wonderful mini vacation (I know the feeling of not getting away all too often...my dad is self employed and works 7 days a week....as does my hubby)! Hope you have a wonderful time wherever you go! :)
Hugs~ Kim

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh I love this Fran and the colours are fabulous, love the layout and your colouring of this sweet Rakle. Hugs, Nikki x

Beth Norman said...

This is so cute. I really like how it was put together. The sentiment is funny, and I like the way it was typed out

Jo said...

Well there's always sunny Weymouth Fran pmsl! How you doin' stranger? Sorry I haven't been around for ages but keeping up with your blog via e-mail. Fabulous card as usual Fran and perfectly coloured x

Lilian said...

Fran, your cards are always beautifully made and colored! It's a great card and I might case it someday :) Have fun wherever you go. I've never been to Paris and it sounds dreamy. Short time getting there and more time to *explore* or you can just drive around? Cotswolds area? Lovely too!

Maya said...

Ohhh my!!!
I love the playfull colours,they make me happy!!
And you have coloured the image to perfection!!
Thank you so much for you`re wonderful comment on my blog,i really appriciate it :)
Hugs from Maya:)

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card fran,love the cute image,thanks for playing along with ASFOS this week,Hugs Debbie x

Wenche said...

A lovely card with beautiful colors!
Very nice! :)

Thanks for joining.

Wenche
DT Scrapmagasinet

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin