Thursday, 14 May 2009

CCT letters & numbers: 'U are amazing'

CCT this week wants to see letters & numbers on your cards. Thought it was ideal time for me to use this sizzix die I got ages ago in 1 of their ridiculous sale where it was only £2ish. They are really big letters so can only use 1 letter on the front of a card (this card measures 5x7) but i thought would look really effective plus I didn't actually get enough of them to be able to actually spell anything LOL.


This was a really simple card as most of the work was done for me by the gorgeous papers! I just added the cut out 'U' & gorjuss girl (which are raised with foam pads) and then some text with a couple of embellies to finish.

Stash:
  • Images: Gorjuss girl from 'kit 2' at Funky Kits (think they will be releasing these as singles soon) stamped and cut out. Letter 'U' from a bigz die. text typed with my ATB tapewriter
  • Colouring: Copics
  • Paper: Another one of my new DCWV matstacks. Just used 2 sheets (the red one which I used to cut out the 'U' and the flower. Then the waste of that to mat under the other sheet) This one is 'the green stack' Love the texture and slight sheen this has, not to mention the colours are very 'me'.
  • Other: EK retro flower punch for the flower on the 'U' and then mini flower punch for the flower in her hair as I didn't fancy the original 'skull & bones' in her hair for this card. Then some big green gems to finish.

9 comments:

kaylou said...

Hi Fran
gorgeous card and great idea... really like the colours you used too.
Hugs Kaylou XOXO

dawnmarieg said...

Beautiful card Fran, love the image and colouring. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Joyce said...

Love those puppy eyes and the details you've done for the flower centre...lovely card.

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Fran, the "U" looks great. Have ordered the clear bags. Thanks for helping me spend my money - AGAIN _ LOL
Clairexx

Beth said...

Such a gorgeous card and she looks so cute sat in the 'U'!
Beth xx

Caryn said...

This is stunning, I love the colours and the way you've got her sitting in the U! - so cute!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Deb said...

this is stunning Fran, love this sweetie and the gorgeous colours!
Have a great evening, Debx

Viv said...

Quite apart from loving the card Fran, I PML at what you'd written about not having enough letters to spell anything. Ha Ha!!
Viv xx

Riet said...

Beautiful Fran,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin