Thursday, 23 April 2009

CCT/Fri sketcher: Edgy Gorjuss girl

It's Thursday again so time for another CCT. This week we want you to get edgy! So we want to see tearing, sanding, distressing or sewing.

Well, thought I'd ink up another 1 of my Gorjuss girls (before the 2nd set arrives!) as I've been wanting to try and make something a bit 'edgier' and darker with them for a while now and thought this would be a good time to try. It's not quite turned out how I wanted but it was fun trying!

I've used the sketch (on its side) over on Fri sketchers and as you can see, lots of tearing, sanding and distressing going on all over the card! Base card is a dark chocolate but looks black in photo.

Stash:

  • Images: Gorjuss girl from the first set over at Funky Kits (this 1 is my favourite fom this set). 'you Rock' sentiment from an Inkadinkado set. The flourish edges are from an Autumn leaves set and have embossed that either side of the base card (see better if you click on photo)
  • Colouring: Copics on image, distress inks around edges
  • DP: DCWV rockstar mat stack - loved the flocked heart on the green piece so much didn't want to cover it so cut around it and moved to the top and then cut around her legs to place it over that IYKWIM!
  • Others: labels four nestie to cut out image, embossing folder on Coredinations cardstock which I then sanded and tore for the various bits. EK retro flower punch, various gems, blingy heart ribbon slider, and some cord

Got some of the new slimline EK success edger punches yesterday - love them! Will have to have a play and take some piccies to show you the designs later and how they compare next to the MS and fiskars punches. Well and truly fell off the old stash diet this month. Think I'm a bit of a bulimic when it comes to stash - time for a purge soon I think!

Have a good day whatever you're doing. I'm hoping it'll be sunny today then I can go sit in the garden and finish reading Eclipse (half way through) - enjoying that more than New Moon.


14 comments:

Stampingcaz said...

great card. I just finished the lot! PHEW... great books, fav was the first though.

Cazx

Ranita said...

Wooooooow. This card is absolutly fantastic. I love your coloroation and the paper you have used. I really love your card....gorgeous!!!
Hugs
Ranita

Deb said...

Fabulous card Fran! The colours and all the embellishments look amazing!
Wow, you are whizzing through these books, I have just ordered the next 2!
Have a great day! Debx

Caz said...

Gorgeous card Fran, love it. I too can't wait for set 2 to arrive....fingers crossed that it is soon.
Caz
x

Stine said...

Love it love it love it!! Your colouring is amazing!! Great job!

kaylou said...

Hi
your card is fab really like your layout and the detail.
Hugs KAYLOU XOXO

CraftyC said...

Totally gorjuss Fran, love what you have done!
Clairex

Diane.W. said...

Luvly card Fran,I got those papers too!!! :o)x

dawnmarieg said...

Hi Fran, fantastic card, really captured that 'rock chic' look. Your colouring is amazing, don't know how you do it! Just to read 'Breaking Dawn' and that's me finished boo hoo. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Kim said...

Hi Fran darling...how have you been?! I hope good! Sorry I have been MIA lately :( Only 3 weeks of school left and then I get some crafty and blogging time! YAY! What a fab card you have here! I am SOOOOO IN LOVE WITH IT!!!! It's amazing! Love the colors, the coloring, the shapes everything!
Hugs~ Kim

Erin said...

Wow fran, this card is amazing! Im i love with it! so pretty.
Erin xxxx

brenda said...

Great card, especially like the greens, a bit different.

Brenda x

megastamper said...

hi fran, what a fantastic and so pretty card with the gorjuss girl
have a nice weekend,
hugs, bea

Riet said...

Wowwww Fran,what a beautiful card,l love the stamp and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin