Thursday, 2 April 2009

CCT with a zing!: 'what's the buzz'

CCT theme this week is 'citrus colours' so any combo of orange, lime, yellow & hot pink. I've gone for the whole lot so you may need your shades ( you have been warned!) . . . .


have I blinded you yet?!! I recently got some yummy K & Co pads (yes, I fell off the old stash wagon but I've not seen many 8.5x8.5 K & Co pads before and these were just too delish to pass!) and one of them just had all the colours for this challenge - perfect! The flower and honeycomb pattern in the dp just made me think of this cute Tilda in the spring kit and the rest just fell in place. I was just going to stick Tilda onto the paper but as I was positioning it I just thought she looked like she was flying so I've suspended her with a strip of plastic so that she's floating off the card!

Stash:

  • Images: Tilda and the bee hive are from the Magnolia spring kit. Sentiment from a 'Crafty Secrets' bugs set
  • Colouring: Copics, twinkling H2Os and glaze over her shoes to give her a bit of weight so that she hangs off the plastic properly!
  • DP: K & Co 8.5x8.5 pad ' que sera sera' (had to get 'wild raspberry' & 'madeline' too!) from
    Oyster stamps
  • Others: MS doily border punch, MS 'frond' leaf and 'branch' punch, prima flowers & brad.



9 comments:

Shary said...

Great combo of citrus colours Fran and I love the image.

Andrea, said...

Fab card fran, I love those zingy papers

dawnmarieg said...

Hi Fran, just the cutest image, look forward to getting my hands on it when it becomes available. Stunning card as always, your work is an inspiration. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Marja Sch said...

What a gorgeous combination and your coloring is fabulous. :)Marja

Orli said...

So much spring in one card.
Gorgeous!!!

Linnie said...

Oh Wow i love the colours on this one just soooo zingy
linniex

Malin said...

Superb card, great colour combinations...!
//Malin

megastamper said...

oh wow how cute is it?? so fabulous and colourful done ... i love it ... that gives such a funny feeling. have a nice and sunny weekend.
hugs, bea

Annie said...

wow Fran, what a fabulous card! love the bright cheerful papers and that adorable Tilda (I still haven't used this one!) hugs, annie x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin