Thursday, 16 April 2009

CCT Floral fantasy + Sugarbowl sketch = 'happiness'


CCT this week is 'floral fantasy' so we want to see flowers on your cards. Well that wasn't hard but then deciding which stamp to use was! So to help me narrow it down I decided to use the sketch over on Sugar bowl, some scrap DP on my desk which had flowers on it which then led me to use this cutie which hasn't seen ink since I got her (a while ago now!) The rest fell into place then and I used flowers to create a vine border so that it looks like she is swinging off that.

As usual couldn't decide which photo was better so here's another shot of it from the other angle and slightly closer. (can click on both for more close up view if needed)

Stash:

  • Images: 'rope swing' Sugar Nellie stamp from sweet art ebony range at Funky Kits. sentiment from Making Memories set I've had for years punched out with SU word window punch
  • DP: scraps from an earlier card think it's K & Co 'Madelaine' inked around edges with distress inks and matted onto cream card for added definition
  • Colouring: Watercoloured with distress inks and twinkling H2os thought I'd give my Copics a break and to make sure I don't get rusty with my other mediums!
  • Others: Rafia ribbon, paper roses, EK swirl punch, gems and 'peony' nestabilities die to cut out the central circle

I'm gonna try and craft a bit today and also do a bit of blog hopping but that's assuming I can tear myself away from my book (so far it's better than the film but then they usually are, aren't they).

Thanks for popping by.


14 comments:

Viv said...

Oooh, this is as pretty as a picture Fran. Love the 'girliness' if this one. Coloured as ever, to perfection. Reckon your stamps would come out fabulous even if you use mud and a stick!
Viv xx

Cheryl O'Brien said...

love that idea of the flower stems for a branch.
i did'nt get anything done while i was reading the twilight books.... all 4 of them!!!!

Caz said...

Gorgeous card Fran, love the pink and green combo.
Caz
x

Michele said...

Gorgeous card Fran. Love the image and the colouring is just beautiful. Hugs Michele x

megastamper said...

wow fran, your card looks so lovely and the bright colours give such a wonderful "summery" feeling.
big hugs, bea

Diane.W. said...

Beautiful card.I'm after those papers,just shopping for cheapest,lol!!!
You do go into a Twighlight world when you are reading those books,I won't part with mine & I read them last Nov/Dec!!! :o)x

Deb said...

BEautiful card Fran, so love your rose swing, fabulous idea!
I am so enjoying the book but am holding off seeing the movie until I am at least finished the first one! I can never decide if it is best to read the book first or see the movie first, the first always seems to spoil the second!
I am so happy that I have another 3 books after this one though!
Have a great day, Debx

Riet said...

ohhhh woeee Fran,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.

hugs Riet.x

dawnmarieg said...

Such a beautiful card Fran, gorgeous. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Malin said...

Stunning card Fran, love the colours and your colouring is perfect in every way ( as always).
Have a nice weekend,
//Malin

lilacanglia said...

fantastic card,
love it,
hugs
Angie

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Fran and gorgeous papers. Enjoy your book

fairymadjo said...

what an amazing card hun, i love your paper's huggs jo x

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card Fran!! I love the color combo and your idea for the swing is perfect!!!
I hope you are well ~ I have been awful with this computer lately but the weather has been so nice I hate to miss it!!
Have a great night :)Kathy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin