Friday, 10 April 2009

Another WoJ preview - horsing around!

. . sorry couldn't resist. I wanted to make card with this beautiful horse stamp from the upcoming new WOJ release this weekend but wanted to just 'play' around with my stuff rather than follow any sketches or challenges, ever feel like that? Well I did, and came up with this

I've made card base using my mega curved rectangle nesties and kept it all fairly simple as I wanted the horse to be main focus. Just used some rafia ribbon I managed to get from Hobbycraft the other day and threaded that through image by cutting slot with my SU word window punch. Then I couldn't resist making my own flower with my new 'peony' nesties and some of the scrap card plus a bit of canvas fabric. Added silver filigree accent to centre of flower and some silver zoomz to the rest of the card to balance it out. Added the ticket in the corner as it looked a bit bare and I couldn't find any other more suitable sentiment but I think it works.
For the colouring I fancied dusting off my prismacolor pencils as it's been a while since I last used them (now that I'm addicted to Copics). I stamped and then embossed the horse with clear embossing powder onto a Kraft coloured cardstock before colouring in with my prismas and blending with Sansador and added bit of shadow around the horse with a cream colour. I stamped the saddle out again, coloured it then clear embossed that to make it look like leather which I then cut out and paper pierced it onto the main image. Added some twinkling H2o and a tiny bit of white highlight with white gelpen and that was it.

I really enjoyed just doing my own thing and must do it more! Don't forget you can see all the other fab DT cards all in one place over in the gallery section of WoJ here.

Thanks for visiting and in case I don't post again this weekend have a lovely Easter and hope it's not too wet and miserable where you are!


11 comments:

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, ove the horse iamge! Hugs,Moni

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Fran, love your colouring of the horse brilliant.
luv
Debby

Net said...

Another lovely card Fran.

Lora said...

This is gorgeous. Love the horse and you have coloured it beautifully.
Lora x

MichelleO said...

Wow how stunning.. and I clicked on the photo an enlarged it to see every detail! WOW really go out on your own more Fran.. you rocked this horse.. LOL couldn't resist that one either!
HUGS
MichelleO

Malin said...

Beautiful card, love the colours and the horse image is super cute.
//Malin

Kathy said...

Wow Fran this is just gorgeous!! Your coloring is fabulous no matter what you use!!!!
Love your outcome on the kraft paper ~ it always looks brilliant!!
I have been an awful blogger lately but had to stop by and wish you a fabulous Easter week-end!
My fun will begin tomorrow when my family gets here. It has been along time since I have seen them!
:)Kathy

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Great card Fran, what a lovely horse...and your prisma colouring is wonderful.
Have a good weekend.
Carole x

Cheryl O'Brien said...

fab, i must get that stamp!

dawnmarieg said...

Beautiful stamp and you have showed it off so well Fran. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Riet said...

wowww Fran,what a beautiful card.

hugs Riet.x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin