Tuesday, 7 April 2009

2 challenges and some WoJ news

Hello! I'm just about recovered from yesterday's little jaunt (thigh muscles were moaning from all the walking this morning, LOL) but it was good excercise and fresh air. I did get some more stash from Hobbycraft too (bad girl!) - excuse being it's not often I get to go to a 'real' craft shop rather than just virtual online ones and there's nothing like an instant craft fix without having to wait haha. Having said that I'm glad there is internet as Hobbycraft's stamp range is limited and prices in general not great considering they are such a big outfit.

Anyway, back to my card for tonight. I got another fab bundle of DT goodies from Silly Monkeys and some of the papers were just the right colour for the Copic Challenge (although I'm cutting it fine again!) so I had a play with the 'Chef Ian' set today and also used the fab Fri Sketcher's layout to make this . .

Stash:
  • Images: All images including the sentiment are from 'Chef Ian' Greeting farm stamp set. Love this as the set has loads of little stamps which come seperate from the main Ian stamp so the possibilities are endless. His little chef hat is seperate too. I've stamped the cupcake lots of times and made my own cupcake tower and added a flower to one.
  • Colouring: Copics but also paperpierced his hat and top and used lots of different stickles on the cakes.
  • DP: A4 sized papers by Buzzcraft which I've not heard before but they are some really sweet designs perfect for spring and have matching cardstock with embossed dots already on it (might be able to see if you click on photo for close up)
  • Others: MS and Fiskars border punches, SU word window punch. I used the doily lace edging as it reminded me of cake paper doilies which goes with the cupcakes - funny how my brain works huh?!

Close up to show dimesion to the card as I've raised his hat and tray of cakes with 3d foam :)

and an even closer one to show you the cupcakes. The 'chocolate sprinkles' are actually the punch waste from the doily punching I did :D
I really had fun putting this together. Hope you like it.

-----------------------
Before I sign off I need to tell you some WoJ news. . .
Yup, the summer kit will be open for pre-order Mon 13th April up to May 4th. Then kit will ship out on 18th May.
Now, if you thought the spring kit was good just wait till you see these babies! Honestly I've seen them and I would strongly urge you don't miss this one, as Elisabeth as outdone herself this time. Here's a sneek peek of one of the lil beauties and they are all equally as beautiful as this one. So if you like the look of this cutie I wouldn't miss the chance as I think they are ALL equally as beautiful this time so it makes sense to get them cheaper as a kit, don't say I didn't tell you ;) Go to Katharina's for more details.



8 comments:

Malin said...

Beautiful! Love this card, and I can hear the voice screaming, I must have those stamps.
//Malin

jem said...

Love the card fran and the new stamps are sure to be great.janex

Viv said...

I'm not a happy bunny! I reached out for one of Chef Ian's cupcakes in the close-up and I couldn't get at it. Ha Ha!
They looked so REAL Fran! I love that you used the confetti from your punch. It's so realistic.
As for the colouring....you know how I rave about it and for good reason. Amazing, as usual!
I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous.
Yes I am.
Viv xxx

Michele said...

Gorgeous card Fran. Love the image and I love the way you colour in the hair. Hugs Michele x

Kellie said...

WOW this card is just prefect, I love it, it's gorgeous!

Kelx

daisy said...

hi fran

just love the chef card!

hugs
daisy

stardustgemsandribbon said...

What a fab card Fran, love chef Ian and his yummy cakes!
Glad you had a good shop in Hobbycraft...'real' craft shops are few and far between at the moment around here...thank goodness for the internet!
Thanks for the new release info...feel another order coming on..LOL.
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Hugs
Carole x

Kathy said...

Oh wow they look so cute!! HOw can I resist????
Anyways your card is adorable!! Love this image and you have made him even cuter!! Love the paper piecing!!
:)Kathy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin